World Series Game Five Live-Blog: Pregame

Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Okay folks, let's try this again. It's Game Five Version 2.0 tonight and it's a 3 and a half inning showdown with the Phillies having a chance to end this crazy thing. Just a reminder that tonight is also the night that the 30-minute Barack Obama infomercial is airing. If you don't want Politics getting all in your Baseball, then I suggest you tune in around 8:35 or so (I know that's when I am). Your particulars are below. Be sure to leave your predictions on the game and each managers moves, and I'll see you later on tonight....

Who: Tampa Bay Rays and Philadelphia Phillies
What: 3.5 innings of fury!
When: Tonight, 8:37pm (FOX)
Where: Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia, PA
Why: So Bud Selig can postpone the game again and solidify his spot as the worst Commish ever.
Weather: It's going to be cold, and windy as hell

11 Comments:

Why NOT watch the Obama informercial? Inform yourselves and learn to not be a piece of shit Republican

Anonymous said...
Oct 29, 2008, 6:12:00 PM  

Hey, I'm a liberal, but please don't go all Republican-style-carpet-bomb-personal-attack on the guy just cause he wants to avoid politics.

Heck, even I want to avoid it a little right about now, and I'm knee-deep involved in it.

Anonymous said...
Oct 29, 2008, 6:40:00 PM  

Randy,
I voted early, so the infomercial isn't as important to me. But let's face it, Obama isn't making any friends by fucking with everyone trying to see the World Series at 8. I guess I'm that piece of shit republican you're referring to, but at this point I'm sick of politics all together. I'll be happy when I can watch TV without having to see a Senate or Presidential commercial every minute and a half.

alex said...
Oct 29, 2008, 7:07:00 PM  

Predictions: Cole Hamels hits for himself and pitches into at least the eighth. David Price goes 3 innings for the Rays.

2-2 after 9 innings, and Phillies win the series, 3-2 in 11 Innings.

alex said...
Oct 29, 2008, 7:08:00 PM  

Alex. The World Series was never going to be on at 8. The pregame show was. All Obama is doing is relieving the world of having to listen to Jeannie Zolasko for 30 more minutes. God bless him.

Anonymous said...
Oct 29, 2008, 7:09:00 PM  

@ Alex: Hamels is generally sore the second day after he pitches so there is no way he will be back on the mound tonight.

My guess is that we will start with Balfour v. Stairs.

Justin F. said...
Oct 29, 2008, 7:20:00 PM  

my guess is stairs hits a gw home run off balfour and ends the game within 15 minutes of starting. That would be awesome.

Anonymous said...
Oct 29, 2008, 7:28:00 PM  

Anon 7:09, I had meant that I would have rather watched 30 min of sub-par pregame... Oh well, TV will be off.

jfein, I didn't know he was sore after the 2nd day, you're prob. right with Stairs pinch hitting.

I'll still predict it goes extras.

alex said...
Oct 29, 2008, 7:44:00 PM  

I think Enrico Palazzo will be the umpire tonight, so it could take a while, I heard the Queen is there.

TJX said...
Oct 29, 2008, 8:02:00 PM  

Wow....I'm sorry for upsetting you Randy, but I'm not Republican. I also knew who I was going to vote for about 3 years ago, so I'm not really learning anything either.

Oct 29, 2008, 8:18:00 PM  

alex@7:07: Obama paid for the airtime. At least it helped Fox make up for the ad shortfall from a short Series.

Anonymous said...
Oct 29, 2008, 10:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment