Blake Griffin Does Not Care About Your Defenders And/Or Backboards

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I have to admit that I haven't watched Blake Griffin as much this year as I wanted to, or should have. That said, the guy is a complete machine, and I think this clip summarizes that mindset more than any other this season.

With Oklahoma up 20+, Blake decided to go baseline on a dunk that was as equally amazing as it was ridiculous. No defender challenged him, but he decided that wasn't enough for him. Yes, Griffin decided to battle the backboard itself, apparently out of sheer boredom....



Man. That guy is a straight up man child. He's Dwight Howard without the College experience. If Oklahoma was up against any other team but UNC, I might give them a chance, but with their outside shooting and free throws, you have to go with UNC. Still though, very very impressive.

4 Comments:

Don't you think Griffin is going to eat Tyler up and spit him out in little bitty chunks?

I'm really looking forward to this matchup.

t2ed said...
Mar 28, 2009, 6:42:00 PM  

I think Blake Griffin is a narcissistic phony who craves attention. That little show of touching his face after the dunk screams to me, "ow, that kind hurt.. Did the cameras get that? Yeah, I really did get hit by that backboard, but I'm a warrior; I'm okay".

Eric said...
Mar 29, 2009, 2:42:00 PM  

Griffin's an excellent scorer and rebounder in college, but comparing him to Dwight Howard, a physical freak and good interior defender, is a bit much. A truly smart player wouldn't have been risking injury by slamming home a dunk when the game was already won.

Edward said...
Mar 29, 2009, 5:50:00 PM  

Wouldn't he be "Dwight Howard with the college experience?"

Jay said...
Mar 30, 2009, 2:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment