Sox Clinch ALDS In Dramatic Fashion

Tuesday, October 07, 2008


There was a point last night where I was actually pissed because I couldn't keep up with the recording between both the ALDS Game Four between the Angels and Red Sox, and the MNF game. I think in the end, I only missed the Varitek play on the suicide squeeze and Reggie Bush's second punt return for a TD.

Both games were crazy, but with what was on the line, the Sox win was that much more intense. Masterson blew a two run lead in the eighth after a passed ball and a Torii Hunter single that plated two, but Tek saved it in the ninth after a botched suicide squeeze, and Jason Bay and Jed Lowrie combined to end it....



I know I rag on the Red Sox a lot, and I of course don't want them to win again, but they know how to handle things under pressure. I don't know about you, but a Sox-Rays series, and a Dodgers-Phils series is rather intriguing to me. It's going to be wild and the fun gets underway this Thursday at 8pm on FOX.

FYI- I posted this in the comments, but thought I would add it here as well. While still over-the-top, Caray was referring to the "Tor-EEEEE, Tor-EEEEE" hockey goalie-like chant when he said the, "Nobody's chanting now," line.

He still seemed a bit too excited, but there was a reason behind it.

20 Comments:

thank god only 7 more games max with chip caray. his voice grates more than sara palin's

chuck said...
Oct 7, 2008, 3:03:00 AM  

so I guess you missed that Willits was safe at third

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 5:47:00 AM  

Willits was safe at third? Yeah... and Nicole Brown Simpson was safe in Brentwood.

What part of "he was clearly tagged out" are you having trouble with, dumbass?

Heef said...
Oct 7, 2008, 6:30:00 AM  

The ball would have had to come out of Varitek's glove right after he tagged Willits...meaning Willits was the cause of the ball leaving the glove. That was clearly not the case, as their was a tag, then Varitek hitting the ground, then the ball coming out.

It's not even as close as the force out at second where the infielder tries to get the ball out to throw to first for a double play and loses the ball in the process.

Definitely a good call.

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 6:45:00 AM  

Seven more games with Chip? I'm pretty sure TBS isn't covering the LCS.

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 7:14:00 AM  

Where do you get your info? The announcers seemed to think they were last night. Not that I want them. I'd love it if they'd allow each team's regular announcers to handle the feed for their region, or allow a fan vote to determine if they want the regulars or not. These guys suck. Even if they weren't grating, it would be nice to have people who can keep the names straight and don't dress like rejected circus clowns.

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 7:53:00 AM  

Chip Caray and Buck Martinez hurt my ears. But they are doing the ALCS. NLCS on Fox. I'd rather have Don Orsillo and Harold Reynolds, they are a much better team.

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 9:28:00 AM  

Did you happen to catch the announcers talking about Jon Lester 'becoming a man" and his 'body changing?'

Patrick said...
Oct 7, 2008, 10:18:00 AM  

Does anyone know the name of the song they were playing at Fenway during the celebration after Bay scored?

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 10:30:00 AM  

James, the song is "Dirty Water" by the Standells.

bceagle91 said...
Oct 7, 2008, 10:37:00 AM  

Thanks a bunch, Mike. I could tell it wasn't anything I had ever heard before, but it seems quite catchy.

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 10:39:00 AM  

Papelbon is still the biggest douchebag on the planet.

GMoney said...
Oct 7, 2008, 10:57:00 AM  

Chip Caray seemed like he was laughing at the Red Sox and their fans when the Angels tied it. He must have put money on the Angels...

Justin F. said...
Oct 7, 2008, 12:28:00 PM  

I noticed that too, jfein. I thought it was extremely inappropriate and uncalled for when he shouted "nobody's chanting now!!!"

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 12:36:00 PM  

FYI- I thought the same thing as well and I probably should have noted this at the time. While still over-the-top, Caray was referring to the "Tor-EEEEE, Tor-EEEEE" hockey goalie-like chant while he was up.

He still seemed a bit too excited though.

Oct 7, 2008, 12:45:00 PM  

I noticed Caray's excitement as well, he wasn't nearly as excited about Boston's walkoff hit. Why should he have anything against Boston?

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 1:12:00 PM  

aa- i knew what Caray was referring to, but it still sounded like something a local homer announcer would say.

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 1:21:00 PM  

Yeah I agree. Not sure where that came from because I thought TBS would be rooting for a Sox-Sox ALCS.

Oct 7, 2008, 1:27:00 PM  

Erick Aybar needs to stop cutting Baseball 101 to play ultimate frisbee on the quad

Oct 7, 2008, 1:29:00 PM  

Carey was a douchebag while serving here as the Cub's announcer - he hasn't improved with age.

Anonymous said...
Oct 7, 2008, 2:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment