Your Week Fourteen Pammy Nominees (Plus Last Week's Winners And New Standings)

Monday, December 01, 2008


Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, I didn't have last week's winners and new standings up before this past Saturday. Bear with me in this spot below as I try to sort this out. First are the winners from last week, and the nominees from this past Saturday will be below.

Your Week Thirteen Pammy Winners

10. "The first turnover of the day for West Virginia, and they'll have the ball in good field position."- Andre Ware, as WVU gets the ball at about their own 15 yard line

9. "I'm not real good at Math, but that sounds like a backwards pass."- Ray Bentley

8. "I love Coldplay."- Mike Patrick

7. "That's not a terrorist. It's Florida State kicker Graham Gano."- Ron Franklin, commenting on Gano's ski mask in the Maryland cold

6. "Beyonse."- Brent Musburger
"I know who Kenny Chesney is. The least you could know is who Beyonce is."- Lisa Salters

5. "These guys are making me hot."- Paul McGuire

4. "Keep your head down and stroke it well young guy"- Kelly Stouffer to the Oregon State kicker before the game winning field goal

3. "Greg Orton came over and they slapped each other... on the palms." - Pam Ward

2. "He's not getting enough tasty balls that he can take a bite at."- Petros Papdakis

1. "Remember this. Bear Bryant retired at age 69, and he died 28 days after he stopped coaching. If you don't have something, and a purpose in your life, you're gonna die."- Lou Holtz

Standings After Week Thirteeen: 1. Pam Ward (84), 2. Lou Holtz (73), 3. Gary Danielson (55), 4. Mike Patrick (39), 5. Brad Nessler (38), 6. Petros Papadakis (33), 7. Bob Griese (29), 8. Andre Ware (24), 9. Charles Davis (23), 9. Brent Musburger (23), 11. Ray Bentley (22), 12. Mark Jones (21), 13. Bob Davie (20), 13. Paul Maguire (20), 15. Kirk Herbstreit (18), 16. David Norrie (15), 17. Barry Tompkins (12), 18. Verne Lundquist (11), 19. Sean McDonough (10), 19. Todd Blackledge (10), 21. Tom Hammond (9), 21. Rob Stone (9), 23. Pat Haden (8), 23. Brock Huard (8), 23. Stacey Dales (8)

Others Receiving Votes:
Joe Tessitore (7), Kelly Stouffer (7), Alex Flanagan (7), Steve Physioc (7), Dave Lapham (6), Doug Chapman (6), Jesse Palmer (5), Ed Cunningham (5), Ron Franklin (8*), Craig Bolerjack (4), Terry Gannon (4), Dave Pasch (11), Dave Archer (3), Doc Walker (3), Wendi Nix (2), John Saunders (2), Rod Gilmore (1), David Diaz-Infante (1)
_______________________________________

Now onto the Week Fourteen nominees....

The Pam Ward Chronicles: Week Fourteen

1. "You know the rule. If you're long, you're never wrong." - Chris Spielman

2. "The two highest-ranked [Big 12 South] teams in the BCS will go to Kansas City and play Missouri in the championship game." - Ron Thulin

3. "And there's Dante Lewis." - Todd Harris referring to Ball State's Dante Love

4. "I miss the nightclubs where you didn't need to bring a gun." - Mike Patrick on the Burress incident

5. "We've got a good ol' fashioned frog choker in Tallahassee." - Brad Nessler

6. "In the upper right folks that is Boone T. Pickens." - Brent Musberger mixing up the correct name of T. Boone Pickens

7. "They'ne not built to come from behind. They're not built to come from ahead, either." - Gary Danielson

8.
"Jenkins, a true freshman, is seeing his first action of the year. He's made 10 starts." - Bob Griese

9. Musburger: "I listened to your gal Beyonce."
Herbstreit: "What'd you think?"
Musburger: "I went right back to Willy Nelson so fast it was unbelievable. But I'll say one thing; she is attractive...oh baby."

10. "John Chapas does a great job of getting behind the uglies there." - Trev Alberts

11.
"It was a run from the very....snap of the football." - Andre Ware

12. "And Dwyer for a touchdown.....I mean two!" - Craig Bolerjack

13.
"Demps was faster than a rabbit in love." - Brad Nessler

14. "They line up those tight ends and bang and bang."- Gary Danielson

15. "Does OU have enough style points to overhaul Texas?"- Brent Musburger
_____________________________

8 Comments:

Brent's "oh baby" gets my vote...classic horny old man speak.

GMoney said...
Dec 1, 2008, 5:06:00 PM  

Oh man, this is a tough one. Mike Patricks' idiocy (and he doesn't get the TRTIMP nickname for saying something that stupid; I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people took offense to that), Brent Musberger's horniness over Beyonce, Uncle Gary's not making any sense. Damn, I don't know who to vote for.

Justin F. said...
Dec 1, 2008, 5:22:00 PM  

I gave my vote to Brent for his "Boone T. Pickens" statement. Mal and I had a lot of fun with other guys:

*Favorite white guy to play a black dude in a movie - Thomas C. Howell.
*Favorite wrestler - Brian B. Blair.
*Favorite author- Scott F. Fitzgerald.
*Other favorite oilman - Paul J. Getty.

JamesCraven said...
Dec 1, 2008, 5:35:00 PM  

Come on guys, it's gotta be speilman. That's right up there with "once you go black..." By the way, I just found this blog, and I would like to be the latest to say, god bless you, you are a beacon in a dark, dark world. Hallelujah Trickeration.

Anonymous said...
Dec 1, 2008, 8:26:00 PM  

I was watching the UCLA-ASU game when Spielman made the comment. He kept referring back to it (mainly because Kevin Craft kept throwing picks for TDs; didn't know a QB could be worse than Sheridan/Threet).

Having said that, I voted for Nessler's rabbit comment.

Dec 1, 2008, 9:27:00 PM  

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I

would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have

enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.

com

Anonymous said...
Dec 1, 2008, 10:48:00 PM  

After much debate with myself, I decided on Musberger and his stalking, er, talking of Beyonce.

Anytime an old man gawks at a young pop star on national TV, that's a recipe for Pammy success.

Justin F. said...
Dec 2, 2008, 12:25:00 AM  

soooo musberger has talked about beyonce two straight weeks?

Anonymous said...
Dec 2, 2008, 12:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment