Forget The Inauguration, Michael Irvin Is Interviewing Troy Aikman During Obama's Speech!!!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009


In one of the oddest scheduling moves of all time, The Michael Irvin Show will be bringing on Troy Aikman, right as Obama takes the stage in DC today. And by right as Obama takes the stage, I mean "RIGHT as Obama takes the stage". Via Barry Horn at the DMN....

ESPN-FM 103.3 is ballyhooing Troy Aikman's Tuesday appearance on the MIchael Irvin Show from noon to 1 p.m. at a North Dallas restaurant. But will anyone notice? There will be a historical event in Washington going on called the presidential inauguration.

Nobody knows that better than Irvin, who had this to say in the wake of Obama's election victory:

"What a historical moment that was last night. ... From an African-American standpoint, I watched my people -- watched my people -- celebrate the not guilty verdict of O.J. Simpson. They were so hungry for a victory of some kind that they celebrated -- we celebrated -- the verdict of O.J. And I was thinking to myself, 'Two people are dead. Two people are dead.' Now, I'm not talking about my people, I'm explaining them here. They were just so hungry to say 'We have a victory.' And I cringe when I even think about that.
If you're a radio program, and you're NOT airing the speech live, you're making a pretty big mistake. Speaking of radio, it looks like I'm going to be on Mad Dog Radio's, "The B-Team" with Bill Pidto and Bruce Murray, immediately following their coverage of the Inauguration. More details on that later today!

Irvin-Aikman vs. Obama-Biden (Dallas Morning News)

3 Comments:

Wow.....can you say no listenters at all for Michael Irvin?

I am someone who is very meticulous and almost downright assinine about going to class, getting there on time, and leaving only when the professor dismisses. And I have a class during that inauguration. Suffice to say, I'll be missing the final 25 minutes of my class.

Justin F. said...
Jan 20, 2009, 10:09:00 AM  

Isn't the inauguration at noon eastern time and Irvin's show on at noon central time (1:00 eastern)? Or am I high again?

Unknown said...
Jan 20, 2009, 10:26:00 AM  

John, eastern and central are the same right now.

Bill Pidto, eh? Look at you, Mr. Bigshot!

GMoney said...
Jan 20, 2009, 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment