Every NHL ASG Should End In A Shootout

Sunday, January 25, 2009

I really think that the NHL should just get rid of the three, defensive laxed periods, and just go with a gigantic trick shot competition, but I'm not a genius like Gary Betnam. The most recent game however, ended in an 11-11 tie, and for the second time since its inception, the game would be decided by a shootout.

Here it is in its entirety because I know you weren't watching....



Now that was just plain fun. I, like others, have poked fun at Hockey in the past, but I have to say that outside of the NFL and College Basketball, it's now sitting in my three hole. Of course a lot of that has to do with the bandwagon in DC that is the Caps, and having Alex Ovechkin ending the tie with a shootout winner, is always a plus.

Posted by Awful Announcing at 9:04 PM

5 Comments:

Who is this Gary Betnam?

Mikey said...
Jan 26, 2009, 8:35:00 AM  

Gerry Batman doesn't deserve to have his name spelled correctly.

SM28 said...
Jan 26, 2009, 10:20:00 AM  

The MVP last night has 12 goals this year...yeah, this league is doing just fine.

GMoney said...
Jan 26, 2009, 10:42:00 AM  

While hockey is normally up there as one of my favorite sports, I'm having trouble getting into it this year, even though the Flyers are doing pretty good.

However, I am a bit bummed that I did not get the all-star game, as I actually enjoy those crazy 12-11 All-Star games.

Justin F. said...
Jan 26, 2009, 11:17:00 AM  

If you're gonna jump on bandwagon, at least get Comissioners name right.

MVP of ASG had 12 goals on season because of balot stuffing by Montreal and Pittsburgh fans. You could vote for an entire team's starting lineup by text message. The top three goal scorers (Carter of Phil, Ovechkin of Wash, Vanek of Buffalo) werent starters. Hell the Red Wings are defending champs and second best record in Western Conference and they didnt have a starter.

I'm a big hockey fan, but I dont watch ASG because it is video game hockey. Ive seen lacrosse games with lower scores.

Anonymous said...
Jan 26, 2009, 7:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment