Could Stephen A. Smith's Next Move Be On DWTS?

Wednesday, October 08, 2008


So ESPN just shot out their mid-week PR update, and as I was sifting through I noticed this catchy headline....

"Stephen A. Smith Weighs in on Dancing with the Stars in the New Issue of ESPN The Magazine"

Of course I was intrigued so I read on and found this snippet from next week's S.A.S. piece on ESPN The Mag....

"I'm actually thinking about it. Why not? So what if I'd have to put in six hours a day of grueling practice sessions? Who cares if I couldn't eat cheeseburgers and fries in fear of burping in the face of a gorgeous partner? I mean, what are the odds that I'll be worse than Evander Holyfield was in Season 1?"

"DWTS producers have discovered athletes of all types are ideal contestants for the show because they're disciplined and competitive. That explains why Helio Castroneves, Apolo Anton Ohno, Emmitt Smith and Kristi Yamaguchi have all ended up with the cheesy mirrored disco ball. And yes, that thing would look great in my den."
I know what you're thinking right now, and I'm right there with you. Please....PLEASE!....make this happen ABC. He's already been on a soap opera, so a reality show is the next logical step. If he's dancing on said reality show....even better! Plus, he's not really doing much of anything these days. Look at him up there.....all alone and scared....

That's it....I'm starting an internet campaign!

(Via ESPN)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 3:39 PM

13 Comments:

I don't care to see him dance, but I might watch a time or two if he YELLED at EVERYONE on the show.

alex said...
Oct 8, 2008, 3:56:00 PM  

This needs to happen immediately. Notice he didn't say anything about not eating cheese doodles.

GMoney said...
Oct 8, 2008, 4:04:00 PM  

I thought it was called Dancing with the STARS? Stephen A. Smith is not a star, no matter how you define star.

Anonymous said...
Oct 8, 2008, 4:07:00 PM  

If SAS wants the "cheesy mirrored disco ball in his den" that badly, he should wait to see if there's gonna be a Krusty-style tax auction of Helio's stuff.

Oct 8, 2008, 4:44:00 PM  

HOWEVA, HOWEVA....EVERYTHING I SAY IS IMPORTANT!!!!

Anonymous said...
Oct 8, 2008, 7:26:00 PM  

As long as his next move after that is the unemployment line.

Anonymous said...
Oct 8, 2008, 11:06:00 PM  

I'll watch if only to find out how one dances an exclamation point.

Unknown said...
Oct 8, 2008, 11:12:00 PM  

Who's Steven Smith?

Anonymous said...
Oct 9, 2008, 12:44:00 AM  

lol....cool cat..a tad loud

Anonymous said...
Oct 9, 2008, 12:49:00 AM  

Who's Steven Smith?

Someone wanna get Anon 12:44 a TV?

/no more Simpsons references...tonight

Oct 9, 2008, 1:00:00 AM  

QUITE FRANKLY....I WOULD BE THE GREATEST DANCER ON DANCING WITH THE STARS!!!!

Anonymous said...
Oct 9, 2008, 1:52:00 AM  

gotta love SAS referring to himself as an athlete

Anonymous said...
Oct 9, 2008, 7:32:00 AM  

what a freaking tool. i hate that guy

Anonymous said...
Oct 9, 2008, 1:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment