I'm Not Sure What "Better Makins" Are But I Really Want A Cigarette

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm going to agree with PostmanR on this one and sign off on an all 1950's Black and White Commercial Channel. I could watch old ads all day long, but they'd all have to be as awesome as this...



Man, they were pretty openly racist in ads back then weren't they? I'd really like to know if that was the official mascot of the Redskins or something Malboro added in.

WARNING: Smoking causes lung cancer, heart disease, emphysema and cartoon hilarity (KSK)
1950s Marlboro NFL ads sort of racist, also cigarette-y (We Are The Postment)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:17 PM

8 Comments:

I'm pretty sure that this was the brainchild of the late, great Jack Kent Cooke.

GMoney said...
Feb 19, 2008, 3:41:00 PM  

This is the shit I grew up on(I'm 55). It's a wonder I'm not more screwed up than I already am...

UnHoly Diver said...
Feb 19, 2008, 6:27:00 PM  

www.myblog.110mb.com

for more of this x10 that never made it

Anonymous said...
Feb 19, 2008, 7:04:00 PM  

Jack Kent Cooke did not own the redskins back in the 50's I believe it was Marshall but I'm not sure.

The skin's were "racist" due to their strong ties to the south as they were the team of the south from D.C down to Florida (only team) they could not afford to upset their customer (money) base

Anonymous said...
Feb 19, 2008, 8:18:00 PM  

I used to be a homeless rodeo clown but now I am a world class magician !

Anonymous said...
Feb 20, 2008, 10:52:00 AM  

Good grief! You know, I found nothing racist about that. People are too darn sensitive. That's whats wrong with this country. Too many people are afraid they'll upset someone else. Boo hoo. Great ad bud!

acroyear said...
Feb 20, 2008, 7:44:00 PM  

What the heck is a "makin"?

Anonymous said...
Feb 21, 2008, 12:02:00 AM  

cry baby people think every little thing is racist...maybe you should just learn how to laugh and get over it

Anonymous said...
Feb 21, 2008, 1:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment