Kornheiser Finally Acknowledges Blogs

Tuesday, February 26, 2008


It's not like I was waiting for him to do so, but he's probably the last Radio personality to not either "use" their content or mention them on-air. DC Sports Bog has the particulars from his radio show this morning, and the name of the site that drew his ire yesterday. It's not even a Sports related site either....

Yesterday I was all over what is affectionately referred to at PTI as "The Blogosphere." And David, you do blogging, so you know about this. There are four or five sports blogs that are out there that are read on a daily basis by a lot of people in the sports business, and I'm going to name them so that they know that I know what they are: Deadspin I think is probably first among equals, there's something called The Big Lead, there's something called With Leather--the explanation for which I can't go into due to my employment circumstance--and there's one called Kissing Suzy Kolber. Am I leaving any out that are big?....

....So this was about, I might as well say this, there's a guy in town (DCRTV) who writes a blog about radio and television, ok? And it's about him. It's about him. I think I called him a fat naked mole rat, but I don't even know if he's fat. I've never met him, I've never seen him. I'm quite sure he's a naked mole rat.
A couple of things. What exactly is a naked mole rat? Also, I like how he almost made it seem like PTI was responsible for the term "Blogosphere". I personally never understood DCRTV and I didn't think it was that widely read, but apparently the writer knows how to get under people's skin. I can think of at least three DC area shows that regularly bring his site up, two of them national.

I almost like Tony's response to the topic and it was certainly not as uninformed as Wilbon's and degrading as [He who shall not be named]'s were. If you don't read you don't read....I can live with that.

Kornheiser Names His Blogging Enemy (DC Sports Bog)

8 Comments:

TK is a good guy. Not the greatest MNF guy but that's not his fault ESPN keeps pushing him on to the job. I wouldn't pass up that kind of change either. But still he is one of the best radio hosts in the country and his show is a must listen to.

Brett said...
Feb 26, 2008, 4:50:00 PM  

I wholeheartedly agree with TK's assessment of Dave Hughes. The guy is a tool.

UnHoly Diver said...
Feb 26, 2008, 5:21:00 PM  

Fun fact: People who work at Clear Channel radio stations are forbidden from going to DCRTV at work.

I have had to c-n-p articles posted on them and mail them to people at their home emails in the past.

Anonymous said...
Feb 26, 2008, 5:29:00 PM  

He seems a bit crotchety.

GMoney said...
Feb 26, 2008, 5:32:00 PM  

Naked Mole Rats are referencing a news item that was mentioned a few weeks ago. I don't recall the specific story, but I believe it was something to the effect of a city (I think in Europe or something) that being over run with naked mole rats. TK has several recurring names that he'll call people, naked mole rats is now among them.

Anonymous said...
Feb 26, 2008, 5:42:00 PM  

Also, a naked mole rat is a I guess a mix between a hamster/rat that you'd have as a pet. People get them when they have bad allergies (you know, to anything with fur and what not.) That's what I know at least. They're odd to look at, but sort of cute. It's been used on a Disney show as well.

Anonymous said...
Feb 26, 2008, 9:36:00 PM  
Paul said...
Feb 27, 2008, 8:05:00 AM  

Naked Mole Rat = pet of the sidekick on Kim Possible cartoon

odessasteps said...
Feb 27, 2008, 5:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment