So Much For The Amicable Parting, Salisbury Lays Into ESPN

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Those quotes that ESPN released last night seemed so nice and both parties seemed okay with the decision. Well that's not the case this morning. Sean Salisbury is now claiming that he was underpaid, unappreciated and he was "tired of it". Via the LA Times....

"I'm a free agent," he said. "I've been liberated. I knew this was coming, but I couldn't be happier.

"I'd grown tired of being punished for not being an NFL superstar. Analysts who don't work as hard as me, don't prepare as hard as me, and don't have my resume were making more than me just because of their ability to throw or catch a football.

"Don't get me wrong, I appreciated the opportunity ESPN gave me, but they had capped my ceiling. There was only so far I could go there.

"I'd done nothing wrong, and if you hear otherwise, it's not true. I did everything that was asked of me."
Well then....don't we have a little situation on our hands now? That's an interesting comment on the pay scale and according to the article Salisbury says the departure was mutual??? Even more interesting.

Hmmm, methinks someone might be leaving some information out.

Sean Salisbury says parting with ESPN was mutual (LA Times)

(Thanks to ZA for the link)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:40 AM

17 Comments:

I'm no comedy writer, but isn't there a salisbury steak joke in there somewhere?

"Salisbury Stakes his Claim" ??

JC said...
Feb 27, 2008, 10:19:00 AM  

He pretty much bombed out here on local ESPN radio in Chicago. But I have to agree with him that he's better than some of the "names" they still employ.

Anonymous said...
Feb 27, 2008, 10:28:00 AM  

Salisbury made over a million dollars a year and he considers himself underpaid. Fuck that.

GMoney said...
Feb 27, 2008, 10:28:00 AM  

If they paid Emmitt a single cent more than Salisbury, I can understand why he's pissed.

Anyone catch Barry Obama saying Massatoosits last night?

They blowed up Massatoosits.

E Buzz said...
Feb 27, 2008, 10:51:00 AM  

You know that Emmitt is making more money than he was

Anonymous said...
Feb 27, 2008, 11:03:00 AM  

What? No pot shot at Clayton on the way out? Disappointing.

Feb 27, 2008, 11:40:00 AM  

Fuck this douche.

I guess Sean is a better "analyst" than some because he can speak complete English sentences.

But, this hardworking nonsense? It takes lots of preparation to say the same cliched babble and flip-flop every single week. And the bullying of Clayton, which must be oh-so-hilarious to people who are like 10.

Salisbury just creeps me out. Please never be on my TV again.

Unknown said...
Feb 27, 2008, 12:20:00 PM  

Salisbury is a lesser version of Dan Patrick, meaning that he has a higher opinion of himself than others.

UnHoly Diver said...
Feb 27, 2008, 12:48:00 PM  

John Clayton looks like Mr. Mackey.
Salisbury isn't bitter at all about having been a terrible NFL QB.

Anonymous said...
Feb 27, 2008, 12:59:00 PM  

I wonder if his cell phone picture is less impressive now that he has been canned. What a tool.

Anonymous said...
Feb 27, 2008, 1:10:00 PM  

Within the timeframe of 12 months, he's gotten the boot on espn radio (1000 in chicago) AND national TV. Sure, Sean... everyone else is at fault.. not you!

Anonymous said...
Feb 27, 2008, 2:10:00 PM  

Ceiling? What ceiling? Arguing with John Clayton has no ceiling.

Anonymous said...
Feb 27, 2008, 4:39:00 PM  

[i]I'd done nothing wrong, and if you hear otherwise, it's not true[/i]

So apparently, taking pictures of your junk and sending them around the office is perfectly OK.

Anonymous said...
Feb 27, 2008, 6:05:00 PM  

quadry ismail (sp, way off) was on espn today. i dont like SS but i cannot imagine ismail is more qualified than him.
i think he was a douchebag but i dont think he got the job just because he was in the nfl, which cannot be said of almost every other guy they have talking about the nfl

BackBergtt said...
Feb 27, 2008, 7:10:00 PM  

So those rumors aren't true that Sean is the un-named ESPN staffer that Harold Reynolds hugged before his firing?

Mal said...
Feb 27, 2008, 7:16:00 PM  

I am so glad he's gone...thankfully his ridiculous 'I'm gonna beat you up!' I've said before, he so wants to be a Hollywood celebrity it's not even funny...he thinks he's going to go make millions doing movies, yet what roles has he had?

Hilarious. Good riddance!

Anonymous said...
Feb 27, 2008, 7:57:00 PM  

Career clipboard carrying Sean was lucky to have gotten this job in the first place. How he managed to keep it for as long as he did is beyond me.

He'll find work somewhere, like the Cartoon Network or Comedy Central.

Anonymous said...
Feb 28, 2008, 11:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment