Nike Knows Advertising

Wednesday, March 12, 2008


I don't know what it is about Nike's advertising lately but it actually makes me want to leave the house from time to time. Their latest installment is for something called "SPARQ" (Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction and Quickness) and features an airhorn, a Gnarls Barkley-like song, and a ton of athletes working out....



The shoes are supposed to make you train like Adrian Peterson and Hope Solo or something. I'm ready for the parachute to be strapped on Nike! Have your way with me, your advertising is too strong!!!

Stacey Wall And Weiden+Kenedy Launch Nike’s SPARQ (Dropkick Monkey)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:09 AM

7 Comments:

This one is even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky7Whwl6DnE

Anonymous said...
Mar 12, 2008, 4:59:00 AM  

Nike hasn't been able to get me off the couch in over a decade.

GMoney said...
Mar 12, 2008, 10:28:00 AM  

Saul Williams- list of demands.

Gnarls Barkley wishes they had his substance.

Anonymous said...
Mar 12, 2008, 11:14:00 AM  

Ladanian's stiffness on camera could be better (my better is better than his better in that one and only category).

Justin said...
Mar 12, 2008, 1:40:00 PM  

Brandon Roy + Saul Williams... rad.

As for Saul, look him up. The comparison to Gnarls Barkley is pretty lame...

Anonymous said...
Mar 12, 2008, 2:22:00 PM  

Dude...I know who Saul Williams is. How was I supposed to know that was him though and tell me that didn't sound like a Gnarls Barkley song.

Mar 12, 2008, 2:25:00 PM  

I think a lot of people are missing the point of this nike ad. Its to actually get people to go and do this training not just get pumped to fgo on a run or something. after watching the spot yea I was pumped but it was not until I looked at the online experience that I actually learned how to do these drills. which kicked my ass. even better is they gave me tips on how to do it without spending a ton of money on the gear.

Anonymous said...
Mar 19, 2008, 3:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment