Ric Bucher Gets A Switch In Sideline Reporting Gigs

Wednesday, April 23, 2008


Last week I mentioned that Ric Bucher was probably persona non grata after some comments he made about Utah and Mormons. It was also noted in the comments of the Playoff announcing schedule that Bucher was going to be an analyst for Game 4 of the Jazz-Rockets series at Utah this Saturday. Well according to SMW, that's no longer the case.....

As it turns out, ESPN NBA reporter Ric Bucher will not be reporting from Utah for Rockets/Jazz Game 4 on Saturday.

After a press release listed Bucher as the sideline reporter for the Rockets/Jazz game from Energy Solutions Arena on Saturday night, ESPN has apparently had a change of heart. Bucher will now work the sidelines for Celtics/Hawks Game 3, while Heather Cox will be the sideline reporter for Rockets/Jazz Game 4.
Seems like a smart move, but the smarter move would have just been to leave him at home with a suspension.

ESPN takes Bucher off Jazz telecast (Sports Media Watch)
ESPN's Ric Bucher Is Not Making Friends In Utah Anytime Soon (Awful Announcing)

3 Comments:

See, since you're sometimes sloppy in citing your sources when it comes to announcing schedules, I find myself doubting whether he was ever really listed as working that game. SMW claims he was "listed" in a "press release" but I sure as hell don't see you OR SMW citing one (SMW actually cites you!) and I sure as hell don't see it on ESPN's actual list of press releases. Which may be more the fault of SMW than you, but still, I'd like to have some reassurance your data is coming from somewhere other than your ass. Even if you give me "sources tell AA" it gives me a lot more peace of mind, if that peace of mind is shattered by wondering if THEY are pulling it out of THEIR ass. (Hey, I've spent time at Wikipedia, what do you expect?)

Morgan Wick said...
Apr 23, 2008, 11:50:00 AM  

Ha...are you kidding me Morgan? The first question I would ask you is....when was the last time I was wrong about an announcing team being at a game???

Second, my "sources" are the PR departments from the various channels the games air on. Some of the info is readily available online and some is emailed to me.

The one in question came from the ESPN Media site which was cut and pasted onto this site. It has since been switched to Heather Cox.

Does that help with your piece of mind?

Apr 23, 2008, 11:58:00 AM  

Morgan, do you seriously care about this???

GMoney said...
Apr 23, 2008, 4:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment