Charles Barkley Calls ESPN E:60 Interviewer "Bush League"

Friday, April 18, 2008

CB just loves bashing ESPN these days. He says he loves the channel in this interview with Dan Patrick, but I don't think I believe him. Anyway, Dan is asking him about Miguel Tejada and Barkley calls out E:60 the only way he can....by saying he would have slapped the hell out of the reporter....



Barkley is obviously an acquired taste, but I just can't get enough of him. Later in the interview DP asked who would win in a fight between he and Karl Malone to which Barkley replied, "Is he still allowed to use HGH?”. Now that's funny.

The whole interview isn't up yet but I'll link to it when it is.

Interviews (DanPatrick.com)
ESPN Breaks Out Birth Certificate On Miggy, Things Get Awkward (!) (Awful Announcing)

9 Comments:

What'd you go to stupid school or somethin?

Jeff V said...
Apr 18, 2008, 1:41:00 PM  

If you don't like Barkley, well there isn't much I can say about you.

The man is comedic gold.

Anonymous said...
Apr 18, 2008, 1:47:00 PM  

I actually enjoy Dan Patrick but what is this makeover with his image? I forgot who he works for now but this idea of making him cool seems like a stretch. They have him smoking cigars although he does not have the Makers Mark Bourbon in the another hand. They are trying to make him suave. But we all know that he's a geek and he always will be. He has a good theme song, conducts great interviews, and is calm and does not shout. Please stop trying to make him Pat O'Brien. I am just wondering when he will slip up and make that uncomfortable drunken phone call to a young female staff member.

Unknown said...
Apr 18, 2008, 1:54:00 PM  

It was bush league. E:60 lost whatever credibility they sought. Gotcha journalism at its finest.

Anonymous said...
Apr 18, 2008, 2:16:00 PM  

That Miggy clip made me feel dirty. If Disney and GE/NBC weren't competing entities, I'm sure E:60 would have used Chris Hansen to conduct that interview.

Kyle said...
Apr 18, 2008, 3:22:00 PM  

I didn't see the E:60 episode they were discussing, but I love Sir Charles. He tells it like it is and that's what I want to hear.

Anonymous said...
Apr 18, 2008, 5:25:00 PM  

"Barkley is obviously an acquired taste, but I just can't get enough of him."
That sums it up for me. CB is the best.

Monty said...
Apr 18, 2008, 10:21:00 PM  

I LOVE how Charles Barkley finally says what we have all been saying about ESPN. I'm glad someone who has access to a larger audience is trying to educate the brainwashed people that take anything that ESPN says as fact and that think that whatever ESPN does is ok because of who they are. Go Sir Charles!

Anonymous said...
Apr 19, 2008, 12:32:00 AM  

Ah yes, the Chuckster makes a great point. The jock must be protect at all costs. Let no one besmirch the jock; let no one treat the jock like a normal person. All hail the mighty jock, who so fragile that a wrong question might just cause him to fall apart. Thanks for reminding me of that Mr. Barkley.

Anonymous said...
Apr 19, 2008, 6:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment