I'm Sorry For Poking Fun At You Insight Bowl, Your New Years Celebration Is Going To Rock!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I just knew something crazy was going to happen at the Insight Bowl after I made fun of it by saying no one cares about it. Well we're all going to care about it after I tell you which band is going to be rocking the Insight Fiesta Bowl Block Party on New Years Eve following the game. First some background....

The Insight Bowl is played at 6:00pm on December 31st. You can buy tickets to the game itself which vary from $20 to $80, but you can also buy a $25 ticket to the Insight Fiesta Bowl Block Party. What's the IFBBP? Only one the rockingest New Years party on the planet.....

Named one of the top ten places in the nation to ring in the New Year by USA Today, and "The Place to Party" by The Sporting News, the Insight Bowl Block Party is the Valley's premier New Year's Eve celebration with Arizona's only midnight countdown drop, national headlining acts, beer gardens, dueling pianos, and freestyle motocross jumpers, the Block Party offers an exhilarating evening of jam packed entertainment.
Dueling pianos?! Hell yeah!!! Beer Gardens?!!?! I'm there. Your Headlining act???


Uh......Barenaked Ladies? I'll pass.

Bands and Entertainment (InsightBowl.org)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:04 AM

11 Comments:

Chickety China, the Chinese chicken???

GMoney said...
Dec 19, 2007, 11:28:00 AM  

BNL ROCKS MAN!

Anonymous said...
Dec 19, 2007, 11:31:00 AM  

As long as there are crappy bowl games, the following people will always have work:

Barenaked Ladies
Hootie and the Blowfish
Huey Lewis and the News
Lee "God Bless the USA" Greenwood

Anonymous said...
Dec 19, 2007, 11:41:00 AM  

...with special guests, Hootie and the Blowfish!

Jarrett said...
Dec 19, 2007, 11:45:00 AM  

Well played. Nothing is cooler than the snobby music prick.

Anonymous said...
Dec 19, 2007, 12:31:00 PM  

Canada hates you, AA.

MonkeyWrench32 said...
Dec 19, 2007, 12:54:00 PM  

I like Barenaked Ladies, but I thought they'd get someone who at least had a widely heard song in the last seven years.

Anonymous said...
Dec 19, 2007, 1:17:00 PM  

You'd prefer Barenaked Little Boys, I bet.

Anonymous said...
Dec 19, 2007, 1:22:00 PM  

I'm actually going to go to that New Years Party except I will be attending the Fiesta Bowl 2 days later.

Anonymous said...
Dec 19, 2007, 3:11:00 PM  

I'm proud to say that I've been to the Insight Bowl. Of course, back then, it was still the Insight.com bowl, and the two teams playing were California and Virginia Tech, not Oklahoma State and Indiana.

Never let it be said that lower-tier bowl games aren't exciting. That game had over 100 points of offense and came down to the final possession. It was really a fantastic game, and I got to see it with all of my family, who had a great time. It's really what bowl games are all about.

Incidentally, this year I'm headed to the Orange Bowl.

Unknown said...
Dec 19, 2007, 10:32:00 PM  

To quote Donald Trump just before BNL's performance on The Apprentice: "I just wish there were real barenaked ladies out there!" (As long as they are in bodypaint to meet FCC regulations, of course.)[LOL]

Anonymous said...
Dec 20, 2007, 1:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment