Washington Area Residents Will Give Up A Lot For Cowboys-Skins Tickets

Saturday, December 29, 2007


Had this forwarded to me by reader Brenden this morning and couldn't stop laughing. Redskins fans are willing to give up a good bit of coin (and other things) for tickets to tomorrow's game. Via Craigslist.....

HERES WHAT I HAVE TO OFFER FOR SKINS TICKETS THAT ARE PRICED 6 TIMES THE FACE VALUE:

MY SON MARK....HE IS A HARD WORKER AND GREAT STUDENT AND DEFINITELY WORTH 2 UPPER LEVEL TICKETS. I CAN HAVE ALL OF HIS THINGS PACKED UP FEDEXED TO U BY TONIGHT.

MY DAUGHTER MEGAN: SHE IS MY FIRST BORN AND ONLY DAUGHTER SO WOULD LIKE TO GET 2 LOWERS FOR HER. SHE IS THIRD GRADE AND AN HONOR ROLL STUDENT SHE LOVES HANNAH MONTANA AND CAN ALSO BE FEDEXED WITH TRACKING NUMBER TONIGHT.

MY WIFE DEBBIE:SHE....SHE...SHE HELL U CAN HAVE HER FOR A PARKING PASS

2007 BMW 328XI...ONLY 4000 MILES ON IT PAID OVER 40,000 LOADED OUT...WOULD LIKE TO GET 4 CLUBS FOR IT AND A PARKING PASS I KNOW THATS A LOT TO ASK OF U SCALPERS SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW ON THAT ONE.

U SCALPERS ARE IDIOTS
Someone seems a tad bit bitter about not being able to get tickets.

I Am Begging Skins/Cowboys Willing To Pay Anything I Mean Anything (Craigslist)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:50 AM

10 Comments:

It's illegal to sell them over face value at the game site, but you can engage in legalized near-extortion on the Internet. Why? Something has to be done about this. And it's only getting worse, with teams "funneling" tickets to these sites without having them go on sale to the public.

The tradition of middle class fathers taking their kids to football games as a bonding exerience is on life support. Too much money can be made.

Anonymous said...
Dec 29, 2007, 10:45:00 AM  

Amen, Anon. You know, I think I'm going to go to every market in town this morning and buy every single gallon of milk. And then I'm going to sell it out of my garage for ten times the price the markets for selling it. And shame on the markets for not knowing that they had such a valuable commodity at such low prices.
You people who buy up tickets and have no intention whatsoever need to get a real job. And a life. There needs to be a way to guarantee that the person who buys the ticket is the person who uses it (or have a block of these types of tickets set aside), but for the life of me I can't think of a way to do this.

J.J. said...
Dec 29, 2007, 10:58:00 AM  

It's made legal on eBay as long as the bidding starts out at face value.

If Megan was about 10-11 years older, I would give up my seats for that.

GMoney said...
Dec 29, 2007, 11:07:00 AM  

I wonder how many of these people selling their tickets have children who would love to go to the game. And I also wonder how many of them have family members or close frinds who, at the very least, would give them face value for the tickets. I recognize that sometimes things come up, but come on people.

Anonymous said...
Dec 29, 2007, 11:24:00 AM  

Hmm, not the direction I thought this would go, but interesting none the less.

Scalping and the Redskins is a ridiculous problem. I mean the mark up is absolutely insane. I went to the Giants game earlier in the Season and I think each ticket came out to about $180. And those were bought through StubHub, which is actually located on site.

Dec 29, 2007, 11:29:00 AM  

if the dude can afford a $40,000 ride he can afford tix to the game thru a scalper or agency.

any pics of the ol' lady? I wanna see what I'm getting.

Steve M said...
Dec 29, 2007, 11:49:00 AM  

If I was his son Id be pissed that my sister is worth better seats than I am.

Steve M said...
Dec 29, 2007, 11:51:00 AM  

"Scalping and Redskins is a ridiculous problem"

Was this intentional? Naughty AA, very naughty ;}

joepadon said...
Dec 29, 2007, 3:58:00 PM  

Whoops....not intentional, but a great play on words.

Dec 29, 2007, 4:19:00 PM  

congrats to the skins and good luck against the seahawks.

Anonymous said...
Dec 31, 2007, 8:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment