Sean McDonough Is A Trooper

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Having the flu recently myself I think I know how Sean McDonough feels. He probably should have just taken off for last night's Louisville-Marquette game, but the PxPer stuck it out. The highlight of the night was by far this clip in which he makes fun of himself....



I'm pretty sure McDonough didn't want to relive the last game in which he called out sick. The crew joked about Michele Tafoya having to take over for him later in the game like she did when the two worked for CBS.

Good stuff Sean. You are a dedicated individual....and not just because you spent an entire CFB Season in the booth with Chris Spielman. Oh and nice segue Raftery.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:28 PM

2 Comments:

Sean McDonough is the shit. Ask any pre-2003 Sox fan. He is the best in the game and has the voice to boot. I miss him sorely. Orsillo is fine, good, professional. Nothing compares to the McDonough-Remy chemistry.

I especially miss the "inanity alerts" that would pop up on the screen during a boring baseball game when Sean & Remy would get so far off topic as to be absurd.

Enough.

Sator Arepo said...
Feb 6, 2008, 1:55:00 AM  

I love McDonough... greatest announcer out there. Orsillo is great on Sox games, but he's absolutely no match for McDonough/Remy years in the 90s. I wish ESPN would put him on more baseball telecasts throughout the season.

Anonymous said...
Mar 6, 2008, 7:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment