New Yorkers, You Need To Turn On WFAN Right Now

Thursday, March 13, 2008


I heard about this yesterday (I couldn't figure out which games they were calling so I didn't post), but Mike and the Mad Dog are currently calling the Georgetown-Villanova on WFAN. I can't for the life of me figure out how to play the live audio on WFAN.com, so if someone can shed some light please do so in the comments.

Here are the highlights so far from commenter AA Intern Wannabe....

Mad Dog as another 3 pointer is attempted "uh oh, 3 pointer is....missed."

Mad Dog as the rebound goes to the guard and he brings it up the court (I assume): "he's got the pumpkin."

Mad Dog setting up Mike: "Tell us about Georgetown"
Mike thinking to himself Mad Dog is an idiot I will say what I want to: "Well, Villanova would like the score in the 50's."
With that level of quote grabbing you very well might earn a spot on the C4 News Team AAIW. The duo is also calling the WVU-UConn game, so check them out if you have a second. Should be hilarious.

Update: Okay I'm blind as hell. There's a giant blue button that says listen live....

Listen Live (WFAN.com)

(P.S.- I very well might be getting the audio highlights from these games, so stay tuned for more hilarity.)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:57 PM

17 Comments:

I'm just disappointed I can't get their response to Billy Crystal batting for the Yankees.

Anonymous said...
Mar 13, 2008, 1:25:00 PM  

Click on "Click Here TO Listen Live"

Mar 13, 2008, 1:27:00 PM  

WFAN is also available as a live streaming feed on iTunes. It's filed under "Sports" in the radio library. As a preview, here's one more example of the wisdom of Chris Russo: "It's almost a near steal...."

Anonymous said...
Mar 13, 2008, 1:28:00 PM  

Fatcesca: If you are Villanova, you now have to get good shots.

ROFL

Mar 13, 2008, 1:31:00 PM  

Russo just called offensive goaltending "offensive pass interference" before correcting himself...

Anonymous said...
Mar 13, 2008, 1:43:00 PM  

the play by play guy sounds like he is 100 years old

Yukstin said...
Mar 13, 2008, 1:49:00 PM  

Fat Mike: "Rebound by Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Patrick uhhhh Ewing."
Chris: "That's good job by you, Mikey."

Mar 13, 2008, 1:49:00 PM  

Oh man, that made me laugh. I missed it but can just hear those voices saying it like that.

Anonymous said...
Mar 13, 2008, 1:54:00 PM  

Mike: Just called 10 minutes left in the game "Through three".
I think there are only 2 halves in the college basketball game, but maybe I missed something.

Anonymous said...
Mar 13, 2008, 1:56:00 PM  

Listening to this 2 do a game is like Ametour hour at the comedy club. Oh, my God.

Anonymous said...
Mar 13, 2008, 2:02:00 PM  

Ever notice that if anyone calls the show and claims to be an expert or professional in anything they take the caller's word as gospel?

I could call up give a completely opposite view of what they were saying, but if I claimed to be, say a doctor, they'd forfeit their opinion and defer to me.

Mar 13, 2008, 2:04:00 PM  

Listening to Russo trying to pronounce multiple last names in a short amont of time is f'ing hilarious.

Not as funny as hearing him pronounce "Phillies" or "Colorado," (basically anything with L's or R's) but it's up there.

Mar 13, 2008, 2:16:00 PM  

comedy very enjoying. chris now knows how difficult it is to do radio playbyplay. mike compared ewing jr. to tr dunn. wonderful

madnice said...
Mar 13, 2008, 3:01:00 PM  

Were they hearing Eddie on the air?

I know it wasn't Jim, oggay, oggay, calm down.

E Buzz said...
Mar 13, 2008, 5:08:00 PM  

streamed it at work in charlotte. francesa sounded disinterested and mad dog couldn't keep up..high comedy

Anonymous said...
Mar 13, 2008, 5:30:00 PM  

That is a great point Madnice. Because Mike and Mad Dog occasionally make fun of play by play calls.

Anonymous said...
Mar 14, 2008, 10:29:00 AM  

Phiwwies. Cowowado.

Biwwy Cwystal, Mike and The Maddog Wadio Puh-wogwam!

Chris Russo proves that anyone can get into sports talk radio if they just stick with it.

Anonymous said...
Mar 14, 2008, 2:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment