Phil Chenier Makes Me Uncomfortable

Thursday, March 06, 2008


Obviously I'm based in the DC Area, so I apologize for the number of Wizards clips you've been getting lately, but this one is worth it. I was at the Wiz-Hornets game Sunday and when the Kiss Cam was making it around the arena it stopped on Steve Buckhantz and Phil Chenier. Buck then took off his headset and planted one on Phil's head.

It was hilarious at the time and I wish I had the video, but I think this one is better. Phil returned the favor last night, and I think the "Awkward" tag is appropriate for this one....



That's just creepy. Ugly rumors commence!

(P.S.- I don't know why YouTube isn't putting a photo up, but the video appears to still work.)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:27 PM

5 Comments:

That's not that unusual. For a Twins game a couple years ago, Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven were broadcasting from the left-field stands and the Kiss Cam settled on them. Don't know if they showed it on TV, I was at the game and saw it. (Of course, Bert was far more over-the-top about it, making it a bit more obviously comedic instead of awkward.)

Anonymous said...
Mar 6, 2008, 7:19:00 PM  

I heard those guys were interested in each other, but have cover up girlfriends if you get my drift. They are both way over the top, I think they think they are in hollywood or something. reality check time***

Anonymous said...
Apr 19, 2008, 8:15:00 PM  

Phil chenier is a really bad announcer. watch him cheese for the camera about every 10 seconds and stutter and stammer, I heard his motto is "too many young women and not enough time" Typical old athletic trying to hold on

Anonymous said...
Apr 19, 2008, 8:19:00 PM  

wiz season is over,sob sob...Please don't bring back for another year those stupid announcers. It is time to revamp the team, media,coach...don't make us sit through the pain for another year!!

Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008, 12:05:00 AM  

GET those announcers out of here they think there cute with kissing, no you are not charles Barkley, phil you are awanna be dc bb player that thinks he can announce Go back to school and take some college classes it may help, but give the wiz fans a break and take your short sidekick with you

Anonymous said...
Jun 3, 2008, 4:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment