Time To Welcome Bobby Knight To The Madness

Wednesday, March 12, 2008


There really hasn't been that much Madness so far, but it's time for Bobby Knight to add his two cents to the conference tournaments. The action gets underway in the Big East at noon today (I'll try to update you as the games are played) but Knight won't be on until 7pm tonight with Rece Davis and Digger Phelps.

Rece Davis is aware that people are watching and had this to say about the former Coach...

Davis says he's told Knight "the one thing we didn't want to do is put him in a box; I want his personality to come out." And, in a clip 'n' save, Davis says Knight didn't say any topic was off limits: "He told me, 'Don't be afraid to ask me what you need to ask me.'"
Bobby is just setting them up for an outburst now. I love it. I was against this hire at first (actually I still am) but the trainwreck potential is definitely exciting.

(Quote via USA Today)

3 Comments:

I fully expect Knight to make Rece cry by the end of the night.

GMoney said...
Mar 12, 2008, 12:15:00 PM  

Thank you for the heads up. I'm going to set my DVR and watch it after church.

Anonymous said...
Mar 12, 2008, 12:23:00 PM  

I will do everything humanly possible to mute the tv every single time Knight opens his mouth. I would like to see him make Rece cry, but it might be difficult with Digger Phelps' head up Knight's posterior.

Sportsattitude said...
Mar 12, 2008, 10:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment