Canseco Is Getting Frustrated With The Media, Hangs Up On WFAN

Wednesday, April 02, 2008


Jose Canseco was on WFAN's Boomer and Carton this morning and it didn't appear to go so smoothly. The ex-MLBer and author of Vindicated was talking about A-Rod when Craig Carton seemed to say something that upset Canseco. Here's the transcript and the audio link....

Jose Canseco Interview (WFAN)

Carton: “You claim that you have a love affair with baseball; why bring baseball down if you love it?”
Canseco: “I’m not trying to bring baseball down. I’m trying to bring baseball to where it used to be.”
Esiason: “It seems to me in reading the book ... that your quotes about Alex Rodriguez, it sounds to me like you’re trying to bring him down.”
Canseco: “Those were more for personal reasons, issues I have with Alex ... Alex is not who people perceive him to be. He’s a completely different person. I did have a lot of issues with Alex.”
Carton: “Who is the Alex Rodriguez you know that we don’t know?”
Canseco: “Well, a hypocrite. An individual who is constantly being politically incorrect. A liar. And I do believe in the past a steroid user, and an individual I trusted in my home and went after my wife, Jessica.”
Carton: “You say you believe he made a pass at your ex-wife.”
Canseco: “He absolutely did.”
Carton: “How can you reconcile in your head why it was not O.K. for him to make a pass at your wife, but O.K. to show your wife’s new breasts to Debbie and Roger Clemens?”
Canseco: “Now you’re talking stuff that never happened. Guys, if you’re going to be attacking me on this book that’s the absolute truth, I’ll hang up on you right now, so you better start respecting me. As a matter of fact, goodbye.”
Awkward! Bravo to Carton for not bowing down to Canseco. I'm not saying I believe him or I don't (I don't), but I'm tired of the media pandering to the guy. The one time he gets a hard question he hangs up. That's pretty telling if you ask me.

WFAN Interview Ends With a Click (New York Times)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:32 AM

6 Comments:

Canseco's perceived efforts to bring baseball back to where it was is an absolute farce.

He's such a hypocrite. If anything, his actions have brought about more heartache for MLB than any possible good he thinks his actions will do.

Anonymous said...
Apr 2, 2008, 9:53:00 AM  

He is on DP's show right now...DP isn't bowing down either. You'll be able to stream the archive later today if you miss it:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

Unknown said...
Apr 2, 2008, 10:23:00 AM  

Good for them. I wish all radio hosts would press their guests more rather than just being star struck.

Justin Williams said...
Apr 2, 2008, 10:38:00 AM  

The first book revealed steroid abuse. The second book revealed who Jose thinks is a poopy-face. Not really the same thing there, Mr. Surreal Life.

GMoney said...
Apr 2, 2008, 10:40:00 AM  

That was a fun interview to wake up to this morning.

Anonymous said...
Apr 2, 2008, 11:11:00 AM  

I'm still confounded as to how the hell we let him get famous again.

troymccluresf said...
Apr 2, 2008, 1:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment