Cubs Fan (Allegedly) Passes Young Son A Beer At Wrigley

Saturday, July 12, 2008

What the heck is up with kids and beer over the past few days? Now we don't know for sure if this a cerveza or not, but I'm with HRD....I think we can say this kid is throwing one back during the Cubs-Giants game yesterday. Watch closely behind the dugout after Derek Lee records the second out of the inning....



Sorry for the choppiness, but I thought the slo mo at the end got the job done. I guess it could have been a lemonade and the ice melted, but that sure looks like an Old Style if you ask me. What are the chances the camera is watching right then? Amazing.

Is this Kid drinking beer at Wrigley Field? (Home Run Derby)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:25 AM

12 Comments:

a lot of stadiums put beer in different color cups just for that reason so the staff can ID potential buys for underage drinkers.

The kid is the video is at most 12 maybe closer to 10 I'd tend to side with the lemonade, melted ice theory.

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 11:13:00 AM  

He's a Cub Fan and a Bud Man, errr, kid. The spirit of Harry Caray is being passed on at Wrigley.

Mal said...
Jul 12, 2008, 11:20:00 AM  

I would guess that's it's the lemonade and melted ice theory (or possibly he they mixed lemonade and Coke). I don't think it's beer. I don't drink so I wouldn't know, but isn't beer a thicker substance? Whatever it was he was drinking, didn't look that thick.

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 11:30:00 AM  

Stop being naive. I've been to Cubs games. They don't serve lemonade in a clear plastic 20-oz cup, and lemonade doesn't leave suds on the side of the cup.

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 11:44:00 AM  

I'm glad you put the allegedly in, AA. Otherwise, you could be sued for "liable".

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 12:34:00 PM  

I wonder what the kid's mom thinks about dad letting him have a beer.

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 1:23:00 PM  

If it was beer, and it appears to be, guaranteed it was not his dad, but his "cool" uncle ... the one that everyone had that let you have a sip of beer at 8 years old

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 3:06:00 PM  

This little rich kid's probably going to end up at New Trier H.S., telling this story to girls at keg parties while somebody's parents are away during a cruel, Chicago winter.

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 3:21:00 PM  

I'm going with anon's cool uncle theory.

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 3:27:00 PM  

I'm a vendor at Wrigley, and that is definetly the Style. Its the only beverage sold in those clear plastic cups

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 11:30:00 PM  

who cares. it happens in europe all the time.

Anonymous said...
Jul 13, 2008, 1:36:00 PM  

yeah really! Come on, I had my first sip of beer at a ballgame at 10 years old when my dad let me try some of his at Yankee Stadium. Big deal, as long as the kid isnt knocking down the whole drink let him try it. Rite of passage.

Anonymous said...
Jul 13, 2008, 4:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment