Orlando's Summer League Announcers Are Insane

Tuesday, July 08, 2008


I don't even know where to begin with these two, so I'll try to give you as much information on these two as a I can. The two announcers in question are named Dante and Galante and by all accounts are podcasters for OrlandoMagic.com. That's all I know besides the fact that they are on the call for the Orlando Summer League this month and they are absolutely insane.

The Postmen took down some quotes and notes yesterday and I decided to take some video later on in the night. Enjoy!

– Repeated references to how horrible Aaron Gray is. For example: “Aaron Gray makes a slow, awkward move. Not surprisingly, it’s rejected.”
– Being willing to admit that “Tyrus Thomas has been known to eat souls.”
– A dumbest email of the day feature. (For the record, the email asked if Dwyane Wade would get a lot of playing time next year. That is really dumb.)
– “Everything Joakim Noah does looks very awkward to me.”
– A debate on the merits of Kobe’s sneakers.
– “Jamesoff Curry.”


Amazing. AIDS? Really??? I don't have anything to say besides I'm not missing any of today's action at all.

Who are these Magic dudes, and why don’t I know about them (We Are The Postmen)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 7:59 AM

12 Comments:

These guys announced last year too. They're great.

Anonymous said...
Jul 8, 2008, 8:07:00 AM  

Sounds like they are channeling Bob and Doug McKenzie?

Anonymous said...
Jul 8, 2008, 8:47:00 AM  

They work for the Magic organization and Dante is the sideline reporter for the Magic's radio broadcasts. They have done this for a few years now. Definitely the highlight of the Summer League.

Anonymous said...
Jul 8, 2008, 10:01:00 AM  

That sounds great. Aaron Gray does suck, too.

GMoney said...
Jul 8, 2008, 10:45:00 AM  

"Shoot me in my face."

"Preferably in my eyeballs."

Best video in a while AA. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...
Jul 8, 2008, 11:27:00 AM  

I Wish there were more broadcasts like this. Outstanding.

Anonymous said...
Jul 8, 2008, 12:02:00 PM  

Hilarious stuff. I wish broadcasters would be more like these two.

And, Family Guy is the best show on the planet :) .

Eric said...
Jul 8, 2008, 12:36:00 PM  

i must be missing something, i didn't really find this funny or entertaining

Anonymous said...
Jul 8, 2008, 2:02:00 PM  

more video please...

Anonymous said...
Jul 8, 2008, 2:09:00 PM  

Nice....I personally enjoy George Blaha here in Detroit. But these guys are great. It's really good to hear guys just having fun watching a game. Not uptight. Makes me want to tune in to a game or 2.

Justin said...
Jul 8, 2008, 4:06:00 PM  

That's fantastic broadcasting. If you dislike them, you suck.

Jul 9, 2008, 2:13:00 PM  

they're announcing it much better than the **** you write on this blog

Anonymous said...
Jul 10, 2008, 1:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment