Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Did you ever wonder what would happen to a semi-relevant person who makes disparaging comments towards the Gay Community? Well here's the laundry list of consequences.....
1. Banned from the All Star Game and any future NBA events.
2. Fired from your job as Chief Basketball Operations Advisor for the CBA's Indiana Alley Cats.
3. Dropped as a spokesman for Bald Guyz. (Who knew? Bald Guyz CEO Howard Brauner said the company “does not discriminate based on lifestyle choice, color, education, financial resources, religion, physical capabilities or in any other way.”)
4. Ridiculed on blogs and on YouTube
5. Bring Rony Seikaly back from the dead.
6. Have TimHardaway.com removed.
6. Have your Carwash renamed, but still get phone calls to the place asking about the incident.
Is Tim Hardaway's House of Wings the next causality? Seriously Timmy.....gay people are pretty creative. You might want to have one do some work on your homepage.
In all seriousness I can't understand something. This is a BIG deal don't get me wrong, but why is this such a spectacle and racist remarks usually aren't? I mean Michael Irvin said some pretty f'ed up things about Tony Romo, Nick Saban used the word Coon-ass, Anita Marks called an NFL Player a Monkey, and even Smash walked out of practice after Asst Coach MacGill said black players were "Junk Yard Dogs". Most of these barely caused a blip on the radar screen of National News.
Just seems like to me we should focus on fixing ALL bigotry.....not just certain kinds.