Musical Links and Live-Blogs

Friday, February 16, 2007




ALL-STAR WEEKEND LIVE-BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be here Saturday and Sunday doing what we/I normally do for these live-blog thingys. I should have video of the Barkley/Bavetta Race up tomorrow night as well. I don't care if NBA.com has actual players blogging.....you'd rather be here right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!

Your ASG Schedule:
FRIDAY: Celebrity Game 7-9pm on ESPN

EAST TEAM
David Arquette
Michael Clarke Duncan
Nelly
Kevin Frazier (host of “Entertainment Tonight”)
Donald Faison
Taye Diggs
Bobby Flay
Carrot Top
Katie Smith
Coach: Tim Legler
Asst. Coach – James Pickens Jr. (“Grey’s Anatomy”)

WEST TEAM
Jamie Foxx
James Denton
Reggie Bush
Bow Wow
Jamie Kennedy
Tony Potts (co-anchor of “Access Hollywood”)
Nick Cannon
Jonathan Silverman
Tamika Catchings
Coach: Greg Anthony
Asst. Coach – Wayne Newton

Carrot Top?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me? I got money on the West if he's involved.....he'll probably break out some long blocking device and call it Manute Pole (ha, damn I'm funny).

-The T-Mobile Rookie Challenge 9-11pm, TNT

ROOKIE TEAM

Bargnani, Farmar, Roye, Garbajosa, Gay, Millsap, Morrison, Roy, Marcus Williams

SOPHMORE TEAM

Bogut, Bynum, Monta Ellis, Raymond Felton, Danny Granger, Luther Head, David Lee, CP3, Deron Williams

The Rookies usually get killed in these things, but I like their chances this year

SATURDAY: D-League All-Star Game 5-7pm, NBA TV

EAST

Quemont Greer, Loren Woods, Stephen Graham, Renaldo Major, BJ Elder, Alan Anderson, Luke Schenscher, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Will Conroy, Clay Tucker

WEST

Randy Livingston, Brian Chase, Von Wafer, Pooh Jeter, Dijon Thompson, Jawad Williams, Kevin Pinkney, Rick Rickert, PJ Ramos, Elton Brown

Otherwise known as the "Where are they Now?" All-Star Game

-NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by EA Sports 8-11pm, TNT

Sprite Slam Dunk Competition (Green, Howard, Robinson, and Broken Ankle)
Playstation Skills Challenge (Wade, Kobe, LeBron, CP3)
Foot Locker 3 Point Shootout (Arenas, Damon Jones, Nowitzki, Kapono, Terry, Miller)
Haier Shooting Stars (A bunch of WNBAers, Old People, and Tony Parker)

Does anyone have any idea what the hell Haier is?











SUNDAY:

56th All-Star Game 8pm, TNT
_________________________________

I'll be live-blogging Saturday and Sunday, and will have some highlights from tonight's action. In the meantime click on these links.....they should keep you occupied until then.

As you know I always pick a song for this occasion and this time is no different. If you have any requests please email me.

THIS ONE'S FO THA LADIEEEEEEEZ!

To the link
To the link
To the link
To the link
To the link
To the link
Everything you link in the box to the left
In the closet that's my stuff - Yes
If I bought it linky please don't touch
And keep talking that mess, that's fine
But could you walk and talk at the same time
And It's my link that is on that Jag
So remove your bags let me call you a cab

Standing in the front yard telling me
How I'm such a fool - Talking about
How I'll never ever find a link like you
You got me twisted

You must not know about link
You must not know about link
I could have another link in a minute
matter fact it'll be here in a minute - baby

You must not know about link
You must not know about link
I can have another link by tomorrow
So don't you ever for a second get to thinking you're irreplaceable



The very first live-blogger on AA is doing some cool things in NYC. Good work Stan. (NYC Sports Trivia)
Red Sox Announcer Kicked to the curb. (OMDQ)
Foulke Retires (Babes Love Baseball)
The College Football Tournament Done Through XBOX (OMDQ)
Are Current Announcers Better at Announcing than Playing the Game? (Esquire-Klosterman)
The Cutest Announcing Team (Too Much Sports)
More On ESPN in China (SbB)
Sam Smith DOES NOT like Bloggers. Who the hell is Sam Smith? (With Leather)
Dick Vitale is Awful (That Guys Sportsblog)
The Seven Most Unstoppable Moves in the NBA (Point 23)

Finally.....Sammy T started a new blog called If I Ran. Great idea....he gets people to submit entries on whatever they'd like to Run. Already in the queue....Will from Deadspin, Two Dudes from KSK, Sooze from BTLB, Extrapolater, Mini Me From WBRS, and AA. Check it out, and I'll see you tomorrow.

XOXO,
AA

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 3:36 PM

8 Comments:

Come on, you're making up names for the D-League West squad. Cut the bullshit. I'm surprised I don't see Dick Hertz and Heywood Jablomee up there.

Scrappled said...
Feb 16, 2007, 5:27:00 PM  

did you really just give us: "to the link to the link?"

WCT said...
Feb 16, 2007, 7:28:00 PM  

score one for me!

Sam said...
Feb 16, 2007, 9:55:00 PM  

I'm really torn here.

On the one hand, you linked two of the pieces of crap I've written lately, which is pretty cool.

On the other, I hate that damn song. It pops into my head, unannounced and uninvited, at least twice a day.

Speaking of which...I have to go bang my head against the wall. It's the only way to get the demon music out of my brain.

Feb 16, 2007, 10:09:00 PM  

tim hardaway hates rudy gay.

point 23 said...
Feb 16, 2007, 10:40:00 PM  

Craig Sager = holy crap. This is glorious guys:

The Craig" before & after

Anonymous said...
Feb 16, 2007, 11:40:00 PM  

I have it on good authority that David Arquette is going to uncork the 360 in that game.

I'd also like to suggest a zen method for getting the song out of your head. Say to yourself "Schenshcer censures the censors" over and over.

And Manute Pole acutally is funny, because you nailed his idiot humor. If you just had a shock of flaming red hair and no self-respect, you could be at the All-Star game right now.

Eric (Extra P.) said...
Feb 17, 2007, 9:46:00 AM  

Do they not have an age limit in the NBDL? How much can a 30+ Randy Livingston further develop (he is the same one who played with Big Country in '95, right?)?

Being a UWM fan, I'm glad Clay Tucker is playing well, I hope he gets a legit chance in the NBA.

Anonymous said...
Feb 17, 2007, 6:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment