Trade Deadline Madness!!!

Thursday, February 22, 2007



If you're like me you probably forgot that the trade deadline was today. So are you ready for mediocre players and contracts to be moved?!?!?!?!?! I sure the hell am. Let's take a look at the rumored (kinda like the departed). I've scoured the sites and papers, and this is who I've got.

Pau Gasol, Luol Deng, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Corey Maggette, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Andres Nocioni, Zach Randolph, Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Luther Head, Bonzi Wells, Mike Bibby, Mike James, Michael Pietrus, Andrew Bynum, Salim Stoudamire, Etan Thomas, Brenda Haywood, Jamaal Magloire, Luke Ridnour, Beno Udrih, Nazr Mohammed, Anthony Johnson, Marcus Banks, and.....as always.....Kevin Garnett.

So how many of those players are actually going? Well according to ESPN all of them. The rumors will be thrown around all day, but my guess is about 15% of those folks will actually move (you can check my math later today). So do your best to stay away from the ESPN hype-machine, and stick to the real reporters, and more informative sites.

Keep your eye on David Aldridge of the Philly Inquirer. Saw him on TNT the other night and he had the bluetooth hands free sitting on the desk ready to go. Even though he's gone from ESPN he still has a TON of contacts.

Also, head to Rotoworld. They scour the papers and have info up within minutes.

And finally, you can head back here. I'm going to have an open thread for the day breaking down all of the trades. I know it's not Announcing, but I'm going to try and get all Big Lead on this deadline and see how many trades ESPN will poach by saying they broke the story. Should be fun.....I did this last year (in the early days of AA) for the Baseball deadline, and it turned out great.
___________________________

One team that may be looking is the Heat. If you missed it.....D-Wade's shoulder got pretty jacked up last night and he could miss up to six weeks. Here are the photos.











































Okay.....seriously....I know shoulder separations hurt like a mother (I've had one), but did you really need to be taken off in a wheel chair.

GET KNOCKED DOWN 7 TIMES GET CARTED OFF ONCE

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:54 AM

1 Comments:

DWYANE WADE IS IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!!!

Grimey said...
Feb 22, 2007, 11:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment