Ah, The Nation's Pastime

Monday, March 26, 2007



With all of this Football and College Basketball talk there's been some funny baseball moments in the past week or so. I thought I'd throw a few up here and let you enjoy.

From Sons of Steve Garvey on LA Dodgers' Radio Announcer Rick Monday.....

-"Scoring is Loney, and cruising into second with a standup double is James Loney!"
-"So Hamulack gets into strikeout mold."
-"The gooze was nood for the Dodgers this afternoon..."

Umm what? I wish I lived in California....I might understand that....or not. FYI- Rick Monday was actually the baseball player who saved the burning flag back in 1976, so I'll give him a bit of a pass.

My personal favorite came from new FOX Analyst Mark Grace. From The Arizona Snakepit....

-Number of batters into the season before Mark Grace's first off-color remark: one. Daron Sutton asks him, "Do you speak Californian?". Grace's reply: "Si."

Careful Mark.....one of your predecessors was fired for the same exact thing.

All of these tips were passed along by the ultra rad Larry Brown Sports.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:25 PM

1 Comments:

Grace is frickin' brilliant. I wish he was the Cubs color man.

Blyleven is always a hoot too. Check out the Wikipedia entry about his broadcasting career.

Mar 27, 2007, 11:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment