Tuesday, March 13, 2007
- Some pics of Erin Andrews to kick off the second half.....I say Melissa Stark knocks here off in the other bracket. But that's just the Sex Panther's opinion
- Fever is down to 100! I credit Andrews
- Impressed by the number of people we have commenting so far.....Let's hope we are rewarded by a buzzer-beater
- So yeah......30 minute halftime break. This isn't the Super Bowl ESPN, people will tune out of the play-in game.
- And we are finally back....
- Niagara brought two busloads of people to Dayton to watch this game. Now that is school spirit....
- FAMU no-look pass to the third row of seats. He's no Anthony Ivory....
- Bill Self will be on the phone shorty, do you think Kansas even scouts this game?
- FAMU's Glover looks like smaller version of Big Baby Davis
- Both teams are shooting well in the second half thus far.....NU up 41-36
- Niagara hits it's first three since in a long time and the NU lead is up to 8.....danger zone for FAMU
16:00 NU 44 FAMU 36
- Bill Self on the phone, says the team was hot last year too, thanks for giving me confidence in Kansas this year.
- Bucknell knocking off Kansas in 2005 might be my personal favorite March Madness moment. Can't even describe the party in Lewisburg that night
- Another three by Niagara, lead is up back to double digits for the first time since early in the first half
NU 49 FAMU 39
- Anyone else impressed by the crowd in Dayton? Either there are alot of free tickets to this game or there is absolutely nothing to do in Dayton
- Wow, thats's some bald spot on Niagara's coach
- 20th point by NU's Brown....Lavin just called Glover's game similar a "sumo wrestler" We get it Lavin, he's fat
- "The Big Widebody" scores to cut it to six
12:00 NU 53 FAMU 47
-Pub Trivia Time: In what state does the Ohio River form?
- NU's Cliff Brown can't miss, he's got 15 this half with 5 treys
- Lavin hitting on Andrews again.....at least he isn't as forward as Eric Karros
- FAMU will not go away....couple jumpers and it's down to 5 again
- Brown scores a bucket for FAMU on a tip, dude can't miss
-FAMU back into a man to stop the Niagara threes...
6:00 NU 61 FAMU 55
- 5 minutes to play, FAMU needs a rally for my dream of a buzzer-beater in the play-in game
- NC State at Drexel....both teams are better than 7 currently in the NCAA Tournament
- Miles goes down after shot to the stomach.....let's see Lavin fill in time by hitting on Andrews
- Greene makes a crazy fake pass/lay-up, FAMU hanging around down by 7 with 4 to play
Final TV To
4:00 NU 64 FAMU 57
- FAMU misses two foul shots but get the offensive board and is heading back to the line.....and then the exact same thing happened.
- FAMU is 4-12 from the line....and make that 4 straight misses
- Niagara looks like it's playing a 4 corners offense....the basketball equivalent to the prevent defense in football. Good way to lose a game
- God, FAMU can't hit a free throw...1-6 in the last minute alone. Game should be tied
- Fisher hits a jumper as the shot clock is running down....huge dagger into FAMU
- Under 2, FAMU down, 8, need some threes
- Big turnover by FAMU, they are going to need to foul now.
- In case anyone was wondering, Niagara is now covering the 9 point spread
- Down to 8, that is the important score right now
- Hey Lavin, Niagara isn't beating Kansas
- Lead is 10 with 1:18 left.....down the stretch we come.....
-NU up 12 with 1:07 left, no threes FAMU
- Just in case you were wondering, Bama is up 2-0 on Umass.....No one was wondering
- 10 points with 49 seconds left....
- 9 point lead with 30 left...I better not lose this game
-Just saw Lavin's "Bloody, But Unbowed teams"....that phrase just sounds weird
- NOOOOOOOOOOO.......late three by FAMU, they cover. NOOO
- I guess that was kind of a buzzer-beater....
Final NU 77 FAMU 69
Thanks to AA and all the commenters, you made this game interesting. Glad to kick off the Live-blogging fest for the NCAA Tournament. I'll be back Friday afternoon...until then, this is Brian Fantana signing off And check out Just Call Me Juice in your free time...