Site Announcement(s)

Thursday, March 29, 2007



You can now get your AA in a convenient 7-Day a week package!

I had two offers the past week from Channel 4 News team members to "do more" for the site, and I've decided to take them up on their offer(s).

The Press Buffet: I mentioned this last week, but Eric from Extrapolater is going to be running a weekly feature on the good and bad of the written word. Look for him in the tubes late afternoon on Friday/early Saturday.

The first installment is on the Schools of the Final Four, and how they're reacting to the trip to Atlanta. I can't wait.

AA The Weekend: In a move that completely copies Deadspin (imitation is the sincerest form of flatery)....I've added a "weekend editor". Brian from One More Dying Quail requested the position, and has the site all to himself on Saturday and Sunday.

B will do a much better job than your Alcoholic Host who is too hammered on boxed wine Saturday and Sunday to provide you with good/legible content.

So there you have it....join them both this weekend as we keep rocking in the Free World.

XOXO,
AA

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:37 PM

4 Comments:

Shit, Brian, you wanna do my site on the weekends too? I don't think you have enough to do.

Mmmmm, boxed wine.

DCScrap said...
Mar 29, 2007, 4:18:00 PM  

I have a business idea I think we could all pitch in on. We have a smallish wine industry in central virginia, with most of the wineries being a little ways apart from one another.

In Cali, they have "wine trains" and such, basically meaning "get drunk, we'll drive you around!"

I thought not only should we do that here, but we should buy those small school buses and call the company:

Short Bus Wine Tours

I don't see how it could lose.

Eric (Extra P.) said...
Mar 29, 2007, 9:41:00 PM  

AA, I see you and I fit into the same category on this weekend stuff (too drunk to post coherently.)

OMDQ will do a fine job.

Signal to Noise said...
Mar 29, 2007, 10:28:00 PM  

If it helps, I am quite proficient at driving those short buses.

And by "quite proficient", I mean, "I've done it twice."

Mar 30, 2007, 12:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment