Monday, March 26, 2007
This is the opportunity you've been waiting for Anonymous Commenters, Lurkers, and Spencer Tillman. It's AA's television debut. I warn you though....I don't take myself as seriously as all of you do (For those of you who "get" the site I hope my shiny skin does not turn you off entirely).
Couple of Notes:
- Doing TV for anything is hard (even announcing), but Dan, Jamie, and I have had no schooling and do not get paid millions of dollars.
- It goes fast. Dan and Jamie had enough content for a 30 minute show. It turns out all of the "in the mirror coaching" gave me about 2 seconds of actual material.
- Always load YouTube videos before playing them.
- With all of the technical errors I didn't think it went that bad, and Jamie/Dan did a great job of making light of that fact.
- Yes, I am a bit overweight. When you blow out a knee during an NCAA Division I sporting event.....you don't really want to stay in shape the rest of your life (Who can guess which school and which sport?)
- Jamie and I did not get makeup done. Sub point- I should have gone tanning.
- The Comcast folks did not appear to like the use of the word "banging". I did not admit that it was myself who said the word, but they probably know by now.
- Jamie's dig on it being "Regional Television" had me rolling off camera. I looked around......no one else was laughing.
Special thanks to Washington Post Live, Dan, and Jamie for having me on. It was great, and I hope you all have the chance to go on one day.
One more quick note before you view the vids and start your bashing. Eric from Extrapolater came to me with an idea, and I've taken him up on it. Every Friday before the end of the day Extra P will bless us with his weekly summary of everything Sports Writing. As you know I've tried this before and failed, so he's taking over duties.
His posts will be titled "The Press Buffet" (his idea, and very funny if you know any sportswriters), and the first will be everything Final Four. So for those of you that stop by on the weekend begging for a post.....you'll find him first.
P.S.- I've already heard, "You have a face for Blogging as well". So try not to recycle that one.
UPDATE: A) Thanks for not bashing even though you have every right to do so. B) Thanks for the advice....I promise not to move my hands so much time.
Blog Show #1 A Colossal Failure (Mister Irrelevant)
Wow. (DC Sports Bog)