Question: Is This Considered Stealing?

Monday, March 26, 2007



This is a question posed to those lurkers on the site. You know who you are....the announcers and media that read everyday. I need your opinion, and don't worry....you can protect your identity through anonymous commenting.

Here's the scenario: In the Sweet Sixteen Open Thread I noted that Jay Bilas said this line....

"Jamaal Tatum.....THE GUTS OF A BURGLAR!!!"

Well in my travels through the Women's Tournament I came across this line from lead Play by Play man Mike Patrick.



The Question: Is that stealing, or is this a common phrase I've never heard? And if it is stealing, and was done to you how would you feel?

UPDATE: Okay.....so I guess it's not that big of a deal. If that phrase is more common than I thought....well that's different. It's a pretty cheesy line.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:35 PM