Yeah, This Guy Likes Basketball

Monday, March 19, 2007



There are some days I wake up, and I have to struggle to get a post up by 10am (You know....the ones about the AFL). And then there are days were things just fall into your lap at 9am, and you giggle like a little school girl.

I implore you to click on this link and giggle with me. Billy Packer Interview on CSTV

And you thought this guy wasn't a old curmudgeon? Here are the highlights......mind you most of these are tongue and cheek.....but like I told you before.....Billy Packer could take the joy out of sex........

-“When are you going to take a shower?”

-“You’re kinda like the guys I saw in the street trying to hit me up as I went to church.”


-“How about leaving some of these women alone in Chicago”


-“What kind of allowance they give you for the alcohol?”


-“What are you taking the leftovers off tables or something?”


-“First of all you weren’t going to pay……what a cheap operation that is.”


-“Do you know how much CBS paid for your network?”


-“How do you and Mr. Nantz get along?”- CSTV Correspondent

“I don’t like the guy. He’s too classy for me.”- BP

-“Do you know what it’s like riding in limousines…..staying in big time hotels……always eating in fancy restauarants…..You know how embarrassing that is?


-“Did Georgia Tech every win a Final Four”- BP

“They played in the Finals against UConn”- Correspondent
“Nooooo……not in the…….they did huh?”- BP

I love that he couldn't even remember that Georgia Tech was in the Final Four, but could remember who won in 1964. Too funny.

I'll be back later with your 1st and 2nd Round Announcing Grades.....see you then.

Hat Tip: TBL

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:41 AM

2 Comments:

I gotta disagree with you on this Packer video. See, normally Packer is just being a crusty old dick and he comes off as such, in this video he is playing the role of a crusty old dick, and he comes off as tounge in cheek and kind of funny. I won't say this video made me like Packer, but it certainly made me hate him less.

WCT said...
Mar 19, 2007, 1:00:00 PM  

Really wasting?

I don't agree. Thanks for the link AA, I did indeed gigle like a school girl.

Anonymous said...
Mar 19, 2007, 2:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment