If I'm Posting About The WNBA, You Know It Must Be Big News

Saturday, August 25, 2007

(posted by OMDQ)

Ever since The Big Picture introduced me (figuratively) to the Seattle Storm's Lauren Jackson, I have been somewhat fascinated by the 6-foot-5 basketball star.

Maybe it's the fact that she's Australian and I'm a sucker for foreign accents. Maybe it's the fact that I've always had a passing interest in tall chicks and she's right at the border of "intriguingly tall" and "freaky tall". Maybe it's the fact that she once posed naked for a magazine in Australia and is probably the most attractive female athlete I've ever seen in the buff (far better than Amanda Beard, in my opinion).

Or, as most of the regular correspondents on my email list are likely to tell you, maybe I'm just nuts.

Whatever your thoughts on her physical appearance and size, Jackson is an exceptional basketball player. On Friday, she was presented with the WNBA's Defensive Player of the Year award following a regular season in which she led the league in scoring and rebounding and finished second in blocked shots. According to Yahoo! Sports, she is also the favorite to win her second league MVP award this season (the first came in 2003).

Posted by One More Dying Quail at 2:20 AM

6 Comments:

Lauren Jackson is pretty hot for a ballette, but idk the musculature doesn't really do it for me. I mean like she has better defined abs than david beckham.

Loren said...
Aug 25, 2007, 4:40:00 AM  

Her teammate Sue Bird is way nicer to look at.

Mark said...
Aug 25, 2007, 4:52:00 AM  

It's a shame that she can't get the attention that Danica or Michelle Wie does. You know, because she has actually WON SOMETHING ONCE in her career.

Anonymous said...
Aug 25, 2007, 10:30:00 AM  

I heard a big part of Aubrey McClendon's fine was because he said he couldn't wait to see LJ running up and down the Ford Center. Thank you for policing the owners, Mr. Stern!

Anonymous said...
Aug 25, 2007, 1:08:00 PM  

Agree with the Sue Bird love.

Anonymous said...
Aug 25, 2007, 8:20:00 PM  

Sue Bird is lovely. ... and LJ posed in a book of Australian Olympians. It's apparently a huge honor Down Under to be among the athletes chosen for a nude photo leading into the Olympics. Men and women, by-the-way.

Anonymous said...
Aug 29, 2007, 4:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment