Wednesday, August 22, 2007
- Sean Salisbury selects Laurence Maroney at #5.Wow. Just wow. How in the world are these people experts at anything? I hope to have some of the video up later today. My personal favorite moment was when Chris Mortensen went into this diatribe about telling Chargers' GM AJ Smith to trade down to draft Tomlinson. This was immediately followed by Steve Young bagging on him for taking credit that Tomlinson is even in the NFL. Good times. Oh and Nick Bakay is the two-time defending champ.
- With at least 5 elite fantasy RBs still on the board, [Michael] Smith took Carson Palmer and Marvin Harrison 8-9. I repeat, Michael A. Smith went QB-WR in the first two rounds, and the QB was not Peyton Manning.
- I am guessing that nobody informed these 8 guys that fantasy football success is almost entirely dependent on having good RBs. Evidently someone lied to them and told them that WRs were the key, as they engage in a SECOND WR position run in the 5th round, with T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson, and Marques Colston going in order from picks 34-39.
- Running backs? Who ever heard of drafting running backs? The awful aversion to the best position in fantasy football continues in round 6, as 7 of the 8 picks in the round are either WRs or TEs. The only sane person is Schlereth, who snatches up Clinton Portis all the way at #45.
- So who are the RBs that are left? Julius Jones comes off the board at #58. Marshawn Lynch is picked at #62. Fred Taylor is selected at #64. It is criminal that those three lasted this long, but not nearly as bad as the fact that...Ronnie Brown lasts until pick #59. No, that is not a typo. That really is Ronnie Brown, at #59.
- Jamal Lewis and Jerrious Norwood finally come off the board at picks #77 and #79. Watching these "experts" do a fantasy draft is like watching a dating advice show hosted by Screech and Bill Nye the Science Guy.
- With all of the QBs, WRs, TEs, and D/ST that have already come off the board, you just know there is still a RB left. And...yep, there he is. Steve Young selects Carnell Williams at #99. Just to recap, a starting RB with little to no competition was drafted after 3 kickers, 5 defenses, and Rex Grossman.
If you want to see their teams look like head over to ESPN, and be sure to head over to WTB to see which players were left undrafted (E.Manning and Chris Chambers top the list).
Worst. Draft. Ever. (Winning the Turnover Battle)
ESPN "Celebrity" Fantasy Football League Filled With Big Names (Awful Announcing)
P.S.- Michael A. Smith.....you're starting Adrian Peterson and Marion Barber III at Running Back. I'm taking my money off of you and putting it on Schlereth. In fact Schlereth's team of Tom Brady, Frank Gore, Shaun Alexander, Clinton Portis, Torry Holt, Larry Fitzgerald, Tony Gonzalez, Broncos D, Matt Stover, Hines Ward, Matt Hasselbeck, Jamal Lewis, Devery Henderson, Alge Crumpler, and DeShaun Foster....could be the best fantasy drafted team ever.