Wednesday, August 29, 2007
With the College Football Season starting tomorrow, and 25-Hours of ESPN programming dedicated to the Sport, FanIQ has collected the Top 10 CFB Quotes of all-time. AA hopes to add a few to that list this year which is why we're starting up a thread on Saturdays and Sundays this year for AA, The Channel 4 News Team, and YOU! to add any good/bad/hilarious/idiotic comments you hear throughout the weekend's Football action.
The problem is that I'm not clever enough today to come up with a name. There could be separate ones for College and Pro, or a name for the whole weekend. I need your help. If there's one genius enough person out there who can name this fiasco (yes I know that The Hugh Johnson Project is already taken) will win a sweet AA Ozarks T-shirt. It's a small gesture, but we need to name this bad boy.
Maybe some of these 10 hilarious quotes will inspire you.....
10. "We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."Your ideas in the comments please.
- John McKay, USC
9. "I've found that prayers work best when you have big players."
- Knute Rockne, Notre Dame
8. "Football is not a contact sport-it is a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport." - Duffy Daugherty, Michigan State
7. "Lads, you're not to miss practice unless your parents died or you died." - Frank Leahy, Notre Dame
6. "The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas
5. "Football is only a game. Spiritual things are eternal. Nevertheless, Beat Texas." - Seen on a church sign in Arkansas prior
to the 1969 game.
4. "Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated."
- Lou Holtz, Arkansas
3. "I could have been a Rhodes Scholar, except for my grades." - Duffy Daugherty, Michigan State
2. "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat. That costs money and we don't have any" - Erk Russell, Georgia Southern
1. "I don't expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation."
- Bob Devaney, Nebraska
All-Time Great College Football Quotes (Fan IQ)