MNF Live-Blog: Colts vs. Jags - 2nd Half

Monday, October 22, 2007



Annnnnd we're back! It's still 17-0 and PTI at the Half is still the most boring thing I've ever seen....I refuse to give it press. Did you see and comment on the Steve Carell video yet?

MJD WITH A HUUUUUGE RETURN! 66 yards and Quinn Gray leads out your Jags. Suzy reports Matt Jones is the backup. I would never hope for ANYONE to get hurt but I'd love to see Matt Jones in this game. FUMBLE! Freddie Taylor coughs it up but the Jags recover. Quinn then runs for a first down, and the Rattler has already contributed more than David Garrard.

"Sanders down in the box."- Jaws

OH YEAH! Get in there Bobby!!!

"BTW, I watched the Pats/Dolphins game, and I don't think the Deirdork and whoever else was doing that game even talked about Brady and the Pats as much as these guys on MNF."- Blake

I can't imagine that anybody could mention them that much.

TOUCHDOWN JAXXXXXXXXXXSONVILLE! MJD fumbles but gets control of the ball again and it's a score.

Indy challenge, but MJD is clearly over the line before he coughs it up....I think he got in before that so I'm posting....

17-7 Colts.


QUINN GRAY BITCHES!!!!!!! Welcome to the game Jags. Now let's watch Peyton Manning destroy your dreams on the next possession.

The Colts are picking at the scab now, but they won't rip it off. Tony compares a 3rd down play to 2 strikes in Baseball....I guess that's okay, but why even try that comparison.

Penalty on the Jags for making the O-Line move. And Peyton is ripped on the next play by Spicer who's having a great game. Dallas Clark picks up half of what's need for the first and it's 3rd and 7. This could be the game for the Jags.....

GREAT STOP! And Russell is joining the booth after the break!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ is sporting the Jackalopes hat or whatever his Rugby League team is named. Russell does not seem happy to be in the booth.

SAFETY BY FREENEY!!!!! He just blew by Barnes and Quinn is cooked. 19-7 Colts.

Here's the part where the team completely ignores the sheer awesomeness of Dwight and will focus on Crowe. Actually no......they talk about Football all the way through the kick. Hell they have him for the whole fourth quarter so I guess they can afford 2 minutes.

"What's a rabbitoh?"- Mike T.

You know....a rugby something or another.

Oh man! Russ just dogged Tony by saying a 74 year old is his only fan. Jaws was quick to jump on the pile. They're only talking about the Rugby Team which is blowing my mind.

AMERICAN GANGSTER!!!!!!! Damn I thought it was 3:10 to Yuma. Both look like killer flicks, but I can't hear a word that Crowe is saying. Well I heard that great line that every Football play is a movie of its own. I don't care who you are....Russell Crowe is a badass.

"Cool mate.....Cheers."- Russell Crowe

Peace.....and just like that Russ is gone. Like the wind.

End of the third, and that interview was actually pretty painless. Quite enjoyable actually. The booth did a good job of quelling it when the safety occurred and got everything out of a quiet Crowe that they could.

3rd and Goal for the Colts and the draw doesn't work to Addai. FG for Adam V.

22-7 Colts.

"Now we know why Crowe was on tonight...Rugby in JAX, feel the excitement."- Anon

Yeah that was kinda dumb but he's still been in two of the greatest sports movies ever. If I have to take someone....I'll take him and Barkley.

"Funny story..I was at the Indy 500 3 years ago, and my buddy had on of those the cb radios that the pits use to communicate with the drivers, and the Indianapolis Star will report all the frequencies so you can list to the crew of your favorite driver. Well, one of the frequncies is the one the tv crew uses including the announcers, so you can hear what they're talking about during the commercial breaks, and the only one I can remember was one of them talking about what a bitch their ex-wife was. Anyways, Russell Crowe was going to be coming up for an interview, so you could hear producers constantly saying, "where's my russell crowe interview?" Finally, one of the runners got them the news: "Russell Crowe is stuck in the elevator, I repeat, Russell Crowe is stuck in the elevator". I nearly pissed my pants in the seats and completely forgot about that until thinking about how bad he was in the booth."- Dr. C

I don't care how long it is.....that needed to be shared. I don't care who you are....

"Don't forget about Kimmel, AA...his jokes were priceless."- Dummy

Make that three people. I didn't think Jimmy was that funny.....more awkward than anything else, but yes....at him to the list.

So what is there to do in Jacksonville as a fan.....Hmmm.....I dunno......How about this......


Everyone give a golf clap to C-Motts from Mister Irrelevant for the clip.

Oh yeah....there's a game going on....it's still 22-7 and Peyton just got picked off. Jags ball at their own 45.

Marlin Jackson lays out Wrightster on a hell of a hit and the Jags are working with 2nd and 10.....which is incomplete. Quinn Gray misses his receiver way wide and the Jags are looking at 4th and 10, or the game.....

Incomplete.....5:00 left, Indy ball.

Play Action to the Cashier.....Dallas TEXAS!!!!

29-7 Colts. That was too easy.


Hey the Colts get the "A Bay Bay" song! Finally!!!

Jags ball and Gray is working the Jags down the field with no sense of urgency. They actually pick up a few first downs though on third downs, and it's the 2 minute warning.

MJD for a gain of two and that's not what you want to be trying at this point. Incomplete. 4th down coming up.....

First down. MJD gets nailed on the knee and that's not a good sign at all. And that's all she wrote folks.....

29-7 Colts. Pretty nice showing by the Colts, and it's Denver next week friends. Thanks for commenting as always and I'll see you in the morn. Cheers.

29 Comments:

Too bad Payton Manning completes every pass in that picture after the Bears get in his face...fuck that Super Bowl

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:17:00 PM  

Is that bear trying to Peyton a reach-around?

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:18:00 PM  

Over/under on how many times Korny mentions the Pats. I say three more times. It's already up to at least three.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:19:00 PM  

You are right, PTI at the half is almost unbearably boring. I am still stunned they have it on MNF. BTW, I watched the Pats/Dolphins game, and I don't think the Deirdork and whoever else was doing that game even talked about Brady and the Pats as much as these guys on MNF. The Manning family must be loving listening to this. I was I was counting the number of times Brady's name comes up compared to Peyton's.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:20:00 PM  

bad challenge...even if they do overturn it (which they won't) the Jags still have 2-3 times to punch it in from an inch out.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:25:00 PM  

if i ever need someone to beat my dead horse kornys my man, fuck shut this guy up, manning underrated are you fucking kidding me?

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:26:00 PM  

Ok, so the jokes on Peyton being pregnant (Get on that Tom!) and teh NBA refs made me chuckle. But yeah, that was noooooot good.

And I'm gonna make the argument for Brady having the better year. TWO interceptions with 27 TDs. That's just disgustingly good. He's throwing the ball a lot and it is only going to his receivers.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:29:00 PM  

btw, AA, I dislike the name on the bottom thing too, but this format makes me scroll down not only to see the comments, but also to see your posts when I have to go back to the home page.

I like how the comments box would pop up independtly of the homepage, making both viewable and less scrolling.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:32:00 PM  

Cris Collinsworth and Korny probably have dreams of double teaming Brady. That's all CC talks about anymore.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:32:00 PM  

Can we please begin to have a real discussion about the validity of a three man booth? I mean honestly, it's worthless. Announcer and analyst, that's it.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:36:00 PM  

I hope they don't have a phone (or was it a can of beans) when the Aussie comes into the booth.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:38:00 PM  

I can't hear a word the Gladiator is saying.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:40:00 PM  

Tony looks like he took a dump in his diapers and didnt want Russell Crowe to headbutt him for it

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:41:00 PM  

What's a rabbitoh?

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:42:00 PM  

Now we know why Crowe was on tonight...Rugby in JAX, feel the excitement.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:52:00 PM  

I thought accuracy was what Peyton is most known for?

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:54:00 PM  

Funny story..I was at the Indy 500 3 years ago, and my buddy had on of those the cb radios that the pits use to communicate with the drivers, and the Indianapolis Star will report all the frequencies so you can list to the crew of your favorite driver. Well, one of the frequncies is the one the tv crew uses including the announcers, so you can hear what they're talking about during the commercial breaks, and the only one I can remember was one of them talking about what a bitch their ex-wife was. Anyways, Russell Crowe was going to be coming up for an interview, so you could hear producers constantly saying, "where's my russell crowe interview?" Finally, one of the runners got them the news: "Russell Crowe is stuck in the elevator, I repeat, Russell Crowe is stuck in the elevator". I nearly pissed my pants in the seats and completely forgot about that until thinking about how bad he was in the booth

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:55:00 PM  

Does anyone watch The Contender? Quite possibly the most boring and dull show ever on any network.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:57:00 PM  

Don't forget about Kimmel, AA...his jokes were priceless.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 10:59:00 PM  

The Contender is dramatic genius compared to Tilt.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 11:05:00 PM  

That guy was more excited about being on tv than he was upset about his team sucking. No wonder Jax is the least popular team in the NFL.

BTW, is Jacksonville the only team in history to have all black QB's? They had Leftwich, Garrard, and Gray at one time. I surprised I haven't heard more about that.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 11:06:00 PM  

Mike T...I was wondering the same thing...obviously the Jags are racist.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 11:09:00 PM  

There's another Brady mention...like Peyton is effing worrying about Brady's numbers during the game...STFU Kornhole.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 11:15:00 PM  

While Gerrard is def better than Byron, I can't help but wonder if they wish they hadn't cut him and just left him as the # 2 QB...this current QB is just terrible.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 11:18:00 PM  

Yeah, the Jags are trying to hold the white man down.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 11:18:00 PM  

Sweet, Indy vs Pats talk. I have been waiting all night for a break down on that game. It seems like people forgot about that game for about a hour. I was getting worried.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 11:20:00 PM  

How can Tony talk when he has Brady's cock in his mouth ?

Sports Nation said...
Oct 22, 2007, 11:21:00 PM  

I'd like to take the liberty of live-blogging the last five minutes of this telecast, if you don't mind...

TK: PATS-COLTS-PATS-COLTS-PATS-COLTS WHO'S GONNA WIN JAWS HUH HUH HUH WHO'S GONNA WIN?!?!?!?!

Jaws: Isn't that game in three weeks?

MT: Let's step out for a moment.

(Three minutes of commercials)

MT: And we're back.

TK: BRADY-MANNING-BRADY-MANNING-UNDERVALUED WHO'S BETTER JAWS HUH HUH HUH WHO'S BETTER I LIKE BRADY MANNING IS UNDERVALUED.

Jaws: I'm going to kill you.

MT: Let's step out for a moment.

Oct 22, 2007, 11:28:00 PM  

And just so I can get this off my chest...I think the ankle injury to Gerrard is a ploy...I think he hurt his MCL on that hit, which will put him out of action for at least 3 weeks.

Anonymous said...
Oct 22, 2007, 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment