Timmy Being Timmy and Manny Being Manny

Friday, October 19, 2007

This video encompasses the spirit of two men like nothing ever before. I'll let you watch (in case you missed it last night) and then we can discuss on the other side.



I'll tackle Manny first. Manny gets away with everything...all of his escapades are immediately forgotten because he plays well and/or his team wins. He always follows a dumb comment in the media with a great game and everyone says "Oh Manny...we love you!" Well that's why the rest of America can't stand Red Sox Nation. If he watches one more homer and a pitcher doesn't throw one in his back....I'm going to lose my mind

As far as McCarver I want to point to two things. One in that video and one not. We'll start with a quote from that clip above.

"The carom shows it didn't hit out, I don't think. Because the carom goes up. Had it hit on the top of the wall it skids past the wall it appears....to me."- Tim McCarver

Do you think Tim even understands how dumb he sounds at times? Look I understand slight mistakes, and I usually only poke fun at them because they're harmless. Tim McCarver botches player's names, can't count, forgot how the game of baseball is played, and can't understand simple physics. Of course the carom shows the ball didn't got out! You just said the ball was thrown in by Grady Sizemore, which wasn't right either!!! Gutierrez threw the ball in. It just blows my mind.

Well not as much as this. This quote comes courtesy reader JL who provided the audio (will be added soon) of Tim McCarver trying to do math again, and failing...miserably.

McCarver Audio

"It's six in a row retired by Beckett...tailing fastball to Gutierrez. (Pause) I said six in a row...that's ten in a row. One more time, the third times the charm....nine in a row retired by Beckett."- Tim McCarver

I give up. If FOX can't see that this is a joke then I don't know what more can be said.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:05 AM

13 Comments:

It's either him, or Tim Allen.

Pick your poison.

Jarrett said...
Oct 19, 2007, 10:44:00 AM  

I lost you when I was distracted trying to count how many fingers I have, but just on one hand.

I think I have one hand...no, check that, I have two.

E Buzz said...
Oct 19, 2007, 10:48:00 AM  

He called Papelbon a "free spirit" (whatever the hell that means) in the 9th last night because he missed the team bus during Spring Training.

GMoney said...
Oct 19, 2007, 10:49:00 AM  

I try really hard to ignore this dumb fuck, but it's impossible.
I hate him with all of my heart and soul. He makes it no fun to watch a great baseball game.

La Rev said...
Oct 19, 2007, 10:58:00 AM  

I love how the audio link advertises "Send McCarver ringtones to your phone." I think I just might....

dollar said...
Oct 19, 2007, 12:47:00 PM  

if terrell owens learned to play baseball and got a spot with the redsox espn and fox would think he was so funny and quirky instead of a 'cancer'

BackBergtt said...
Oct 19, 2007, 12:53:00 PM  

"all of his escapades are immediately forgotten because he plays well and/or his team wins."

Its possible that listening to Tim McCarver has just destroyed my braincells to the point that I no longer no what I am talking about, but isnt Manny playing well and/or his team winning more important and significant than the retarded stuff he does? It doesnt really matter how he gets the job done, as long as he gets it done. right?

Keelay said...
Oct 19, 2007, 1:14:00 PM  

Keelay- I guess to clarify....it's completely necessary to show up a pitcher and stare at a homerun when your team is still down four runs.

If the team loses this series and since Manny doesn't care....should you not care?

Oct 19, 2007, 1:16:00 PM  

TIMMAY!!!!

Steve M said...
Oct 19, 2007, 3:43:00 PM  

Manny is a giant child and a Hall of Fame hitter. Which one is more worthy of your focus?

mattymatty said...
Oct 19, 2007, 4:38:00 PM  

Anyone else notice the genre listed next to it?

And McCarver ringtones?? No thanks.

Anonymous said...
Oct 19, 2007, 5:46:00 PM  

What do you think Joe's reaction would of been had someone like Randy Moss (instead of Manny) uttered that quote?

Anonymous said...
Oct 19, 2007, 5:47:00 PM  

Tim McCarver has lost his ability to call a game. He should retire from announcing. He cant even determine what pitch is being thrown anymore!

Anonymous said...
Nov 14, 2007, 12:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment