Some Afternoon Hockey Entertainment That Does Not Involve Cut Jugulars

Monday, February 11, 2008


Man that injury was scary wasn't it? Something about sharp things and people getting cut just freaks me out. Well I'm here to get you past all of that now that we know that Richard Zednik had successful surgery. How about a massive College Hockey fight and a goalie bitter about a shootout goal?

First up is Nikolai Khabulin getting pissed Vancouver's Ryan Shannon and his "Spin-O-Rama" (is there a worse nickname for a move in all of Sports?)....



I love the Ric Flair reaction after he gets hit in the back of the head. Legal or not that was pretty awesome. Next up is a College brawl between Canisius and RIT. Take special note of the sixth man that comes on the ice. He gets carted to the penalty box and then decides to join back in. That's when the goalies decide to go at it. Good times...



I don't know how 13 people can get ejected after one Hockey fight, but I know that it was awesome if they did. I feel better now.

RIT Tops Canisius (USCHO.com)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:35 PM

8 Comments:

I can tell you how watch around the 30 second mark. #2 comes off the bench for the black and gold.

That and every player on the ice got the heave-ho.

Feb 11, 2008, 2:55:00 PM  

Oh yeah....that makes sense. I even said that in the post.

/dumbass

Feb 11, 2008, 3:18:00 PM  

I was just pointing out the 13th guy.

Feb 11, 2008, 3:48:00 PM  

I watched that waiting for Happy Gilmore to try and stab someone with his skate.

Anonymous said...
Feb 11, 2008, 4:22:00 PM  

You really don't see much fighting in college hockey, let alone a brawl like this one.

Anonymous said...
Feb 11, 2008, 4:43:00 PM  

#2 was actually sent to the penalty box at the start of the fight after hauling someone down with a stick around their neck. He then came out of the penalty box to rejoin the fight.

Anonymous said...
Feb 11, 2008, 10:25:00 PM  

I dont know if the rule is the same in college hockey, but in the NHL if you join a fight already in progress it is an automatic ejection (3rd man in). Leaving the bench to join is an automatic ejection and suspension for player and coach in the NHL.

Anonymous said...
Feb 11, 2008, 11:19:00 PM  

In college fighting is an automatic ejection and I believe also a suspension

Anonymous said...
Feb 12, 2008, 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment