Bill Simmons on ESPNU

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So I'm slowly trying to get a hold of video from Bill's first announcing attempt (slowly being the key word). In the meantime I came across a small interaction between him and lead announcer Rob Stone....With 16:36 left in the first half...

"I’m very upset. Not only did the game start late, I didn’t get to say my intro. I feel cheated. My TiVo is screwed up. I’m very upset."- Simmons

"You know how this talent thing works already. You’re already moaning about lack of on-camera time."- Stone

"I put make-up on. I was all ready to go"- Simmons
I'm not sure of the context, but it doesn't look like a good start for Billy. Stay tuned....more to come.

(From Sports Business Daily)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:43 PM

3 Comments:

What game did he call? If he is working the Bucknell game this Saturday, which is on ESPNU, I'll be working beside him

Marco said...
Jan 17, 2007, 9:48:00 PM  

Mark- He called Pepperdine-San Fran. The next game he's doing is St. Marys-San Diego on Monday. So no such luck, but if anyone gets ESPNU let me know.

Jan 18, 2007, 10:38:00 AM  

Bucknell? You're not one of the student announcers by any chance, are you? Because if so, I loved your crying at the end of the Penn State / Bucknell game earlier this year.

Scrappled said...
Jan 18, 2007, 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment