Super Bowl Announcing Preview- The Sideline Reporters Part 2

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I hope didn't spoil it by searching for the other two. CBS plans to have an extra two Sideliners for Sunday's game.....where will they be?

In the Stands. Wait what?!?! Yep. CBS will have two people entirely devoted to interviewing player's parents the entire game. I have no idea who thought this up, but were Solomon and Steve not good enough to walk up a set of stairs? Guess not.

You all had some good guesses.....

Signal To Noise: Please, please, please, let one of the embeds be Bonnie Bernstein (or someone female), because it's dollars to donuts the other is Armen Keteyian.

Nope....I'd love Bonnie as well, but no such luck. And Armen is who I would have picked but he's wrong too.

MDG: I'm picturing Sam Ryan minus a cute Bonnie B hat. and Armen on the other sidleine.

That hat is trademarked, and another vote for Armen......

So who are you're winners? Well MDG was right on with one of them.....It's Sam Ryan and Lesley "I have to be 65 by now" Visser! Whoopee!

Sam Ryan:

Samantha is basically a Sideline....umm, for lack of a better word....Whore. She's worked for every station under the Sun. The list includes CBS, ESPN, Fox Sportsnet, and a local NYC ABC affiliate.

Other things you may or may not have known.......

  • Was actually an NHL Sideline Reporter at one point.
  • Has two kids named Jensen and Nicklaus (gay).
  • Served as a MNF Sideliner when Michele Tafoya was on maternity leave.
  • Was a sideline reporter for Gridiron Battle of the Stars.
  • Birth name is Denise Dombroski. Have no idea how it changed though.
  • Senior project at NYIT was titled "Gender Bias in Sports Broadcasting and Media Coverage." (wish I was making that up, but it's true)
So what do I think about Sam Ryan? She's okay I guess. I would have loved a dream combination of Erin Andrews and Bonnie B, but alas my dreams will never be met. (Good article here on why Bonnie left CBS)

Current Grade: C+
_________________________________

Lesley Visser:

What can you say about good ole' Lesi? She's been around since 1984....she's been at every possible major sporting event.....and she's boring as hell. Since she married Dick Stockton in the early 90s she's been getting the primo gigs. I'm not saying that she slept her way to the top, but come on.....Dick Stockton?!?!

Other stuff you may or may not have known......

  • Visser suffered a bizarre jogging accident in New York's Central Park in which she broke her hip and skidded face-first across the pavement.
  • Became the first woman sportscaster to carry the Olympic Torch.
  • Only Sportscaster to work the Final Four, NBA Finals, Triple Crown, MNF, The Olympics, The Super Bowl, The World Figure Skating Championships, The U.S. Open, The Gravity Games, The X-Games, The Dubai Open, The Candadian Curling Championships, The English Premier Cricket Championship, Pros vs. Joes, The XFL Championship.......okay, at some point I started making those up.....see if you can figure out where.
  • She was the first female NFL Beat Writer.
While she's a pioneer for female sports types.....I just can't stand her. She reminds of Julie Chen from Big Brother (that may or may not be because she dates Les Moonves). It's hard-hitting interviews like these that have gotten her where she is today.....



zzzzzzzzzzzzz......Huh What?!?!......Oh sorry I fell asleep.

Quotes:

"When I started, the press credentials said 'No women or children in the press box,' ... There are a lot of things in the workplace that you can attempt to hide, and I could not hide the fact that I was a woman. I was always the only woman in the press box, and they didn't even have ladies rooms."

"I think it will be a heck of a chess match."

Current Grade: D+ (I told you I didn't like her)

So there you have em' Wilcots, Tasker, Ryan, and Visser. What are your thoughts on this bang up team of (worthless) Sideline Reporters?

Back tomorrow with your pregame and halftime team. You think there are just four of them....tsk tsk. It's the Super Bowl my friend.....there are six. You'll be surprised who the extra two are I promise.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 3:52 PM

6 Comments:

Why exactly did Lesley Visser carry the Olympic Torch?

Marco said...
Jan 30, 2007, 4:51:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan 30, 2007, 5:40:00 PM  

Bernstein went back to ESPN

I'm betting on Andrea Joyce and Visser

JH said...
Jan 30, 2007, 5:57:00 PM  

Crap, I forgot Bonnie B. bailed for ESPN.

That whole sideline crew is an overwhelming amount of suck. At least Keteiyan is good.

Signal to Noise said...
Jan 30, 2007, 10:14:00 PM  

Worth noting: Lesley Visser looks like she has the death grip on any facelift or Botox records on any current sideline reporter.

Signal to Noise said...
Jan 31, 2007, 12:33:00 AM  

This season has been the worst for media whores like Kornheiser and this Sam Dombroyanski, who studied Gender Studies (lesbian major), to interject their stupid ass personalities.

Will there be a football game at all?

Anonymous said...
Jan 31, 2007, 8:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment