Playoffs!?!?! Playoffs?

Monday, January 08, 2007





So lost in this weekend's massive live-blogging efforts was an actual attachment to any team. Being a Redskins fan I found it hard to root for someone this past weekend. Of course I was rooting against the Cowboys, and I found myself somehow inexplicably rooting for the Giants, but alas.....it was empty.

That is until now. If you have a team that's been kicked out of the playoffs you have to try NFL.com's Bandwagon Team Creator. It's interactive, fun, and that dude with the deep voice says weird stuff to you. He asks you 5 questions and then they pick your team for you. The highlights.....

When asked whether I liked Blockbusters or Indie Films....I choose Indie.
Deep Voice Guy: "We're sorry the concession stands are all out of Soy Products."

When asked if there was a lady in the house.....I said no (I figured since the Awful GF didn't live with me that's what I should pick.)
Deep Voice Guy: "Are you sure? I smell scented candles."

So which team's bandwagon have I jumped on?

SanDiego.......SUPER CHARGERS!

Give it a shot and post your results in the comments. Trust me it's pretty fun.

Live-Blog Scheduling Reminder: Tonight- 8..something PM The BCS Championship Game. Tuesday- 9pm...CBB- Wisconsin at Ohio State with Just Call Me Juice

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:01 AM

7 Comments:

No lady + no bling + prefer Letterman to Leno + want to fly instead of drive (passing team) = New Orleans Saints.

Signal to Noise said...
Jan 8, 2007, 12:26:00 PM  

Flying, Letterman, Parking Tickets, Well Done Steak = New England Patriots

Marco said...
Jan 8, 2007, 12:54:00 PM  

I played 3 times and got 3 different teams: Saints, Chargers, Colts. If I play one more time I guess I'm fully covered for playoff bandwagons!

cheswickthecat said...
Jan 8, 2007, 1:19:00 PM  

bling + say ya'll + ucla + live on the edge + eat out = Da Bears

I don't agree, but it was fun!

The HCIC said...
Jan 8, 2007, 4:20:00 PM  

I got the Colts...figures...I can't stand Payton :(

awful gf said...
Jan 8, 2007, 7:05:00 PM  

Since I picked up a penny, am totally bling-free, root for Texas A&M (t.u. still sucks!), not a morning person, and, of course, would like to be a palm tree rather than an evergreen, I am beating the crap of the animals pulling the Chargers bandwagon.

Giddy-f'ing-up.

Anonymous said...
Jan 9, 2007, 1:14:00 AM  

Michigan = Alumni
Letterman = East Coast
Drive = Running attack
Blockbusters = Super Stars

Da Bears.

Anonymous said...
Jan 11, 2007, 7:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment