NASCAR on ESPN- It's The Life

Thursday, January 18, 2007

So I got a hold of the first two NASCAR on ESPN promos that you will see over, and over, and over, and over for the next few months. I'm partial to the AC/DC one (FIRE!). The part when the guy raises the American Flag with the Tony Stewart Flag.......well that's priceless.





Look at them quick because it should be only seconds before ESPN calls for a hit on my YouTube account.

***Update***- I know what you're thinking....enough with the NASCAR news, but this is funny.....(from USAToday.com)

Clarkson revs up NASCAR deal

Kelly Clarkson is teaming up with NASCAR for the 2007 season. She will perform a concert before a race, appear in TV spots and be involved with NASCAR's charitable efforts. The organization says this is its first season-long marketing deal with a music artist. The Grammy winner will perform Feb. 18 on a live Tribute to America special on Fox prior to the Daytona 500. The former American Idol also will serve as spokeswoman for the fourth annual NASCAR Day on May 18 and wraps up the season performing at the Nextel Cup's Champions Banquet in New York Dec. 3.

***Update #2***- Another weird thing I just found. Apparently Brad Daugherty (Cleveland Cavs Center) is doing commentary on the broadcasts?!?!?! This is just getting more and more weird by the minute.

“That’s the main reason I’m doing this. I said to myself, ‘If I don’t accept this opportunity, I don’t know who else will get it” – New ESPN/ABC NASCAR analyst Brad Daugherty, a former NBAer and a former Craftsman Truck Series team owner, on being the most visible African-American covering motorsports

***Update #3***- Okay last thing, and I promise I'm done with NASCAR......

TNT will air a special tribute to NASCAR personality Benny Parsons during the “NBA Tip-off Show” at 7:00pm ET tonight.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:59 AM

3 Comments:

Vroom...I bet those spots will run every 30 minutes!

TalkGeorge said...
Jan 18, 2007, 1:18:00 PM  

Shouldn't the WWL be delighted? You're giving them free advertising!

fallex said...
Jan 18, 2007, 3:34:00 PM  

They're definitely skewing feel-good with those promos, but they're put together well. If you're going to go AC/DC, Hells Bells might be the way to go (complete with highlights of heated action, trading paint, Kyle Busch throwing his Hans Device, etc.) But that, obviously, isn't what ESPN/Disney is going for with this promo campaign...

Anonymous said...
Jan 18, 2007, 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment