This PTI At Halftime Thing Might Not Be Working Out So Much

Monday, September 24, 2007

I commented on this earlier, but Mister Irrelevant pulled the video on this debacle. Watch in horror as the New Orleans' Sound System wreck havoc on your MNF PTI Halftime segment....


Reherenoananonaherehherenononoanoaheowana

"Tony I've lost sound out here."- Michael Wilbon

NO!!! Really??? Again I will say it for the millionth time. Two losers in a studio talking about the plays regarding the game going on at the time will be better than anything you could ever come up with ESPN (and NBC...and Fox....and everyone).

Can someone please tell me why Albert Haynesworth was exploiting the Saints' Line, or how Reggie Bush is overrated, but everyone will start him in their fantasy league next week and get 3 points?!?!

Train Wreck That Is MNF Rolls on (Mister Irrelevant)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:55 PM

9 Comments:

Awkward silence= TV Gold!

Anonymous said...
Sep 25, 2007, 1:24:00 AM  

Strangest moment of my night was when I got home, turned my TV on ESPN, and just saw Tony and Michael staring blankly at the cameras for 15 seconds. I must have turned it on right as the bell ding'ed from the last question, so I wasn't sure if that had been going on for hours. Very, very awkward start to my night.

Anonymous said...
Sep 25, 2007, 3:05:00 AM  

Think that this will cause anybody at ESPN to pull the plug on this trainwreck?

Nahhh. Jobs are at stake! Reputations! Success, corporate ladder climbing!

I don't think they've probed the depths quite yet, I expect more crap.

That game last night was atrocious, those people covering the game had no idea what was going on during the game. I doubt if they really need to worry about preparing anymore, if that's the acceptable level of performance.

Just have Korny and Jaws yuk it up for three hours. That's all you need, throw in a bumbling Tirico who is evidently so busy now with his radio show, he can't be bothered to prepare for an NFL game.

Last night was unacceptable for a local station. Just awful.

And it's will get better, better as in, much worse.

E Buzz said...
Sep 25, 2007, 8:16:00 AM  

If Bush can get 3 points on a bye week I would say that's actually kind of impressive.

Pettey said...
Sep 25, 2007, 9:08:00 AM  

Is it really TK and Wilbon's fault though??? I'd take their banter anyday over Stu Scott adjusting his glass eye.

GMoney said...
Sep 25, 2007, 10:52:00 AM  

Touche' Ron.....Touche'.

Sep 25, 2007, 10:53:00 AM  

Just an aside from watching last night's game, and I didn't know where to put it.

When did Jeff Fisher become John Ratzenberger?

Anonymous said...
Sep 25, 2007, 3:04:00 PM  

Does anyone know why Tony and Mike aren't together for this segment? Tony leaves the booth at the two minute warning to "prepare," and Wilbon is in the same building, and yet they can't sit next to each other for this segment? Where is Tony going, and why can't Wilbon meet him there?

Eric Fingerhut said...
Sep 25, 2007, 3:04:00 PM  

I'd like to seem to do it together, preferably in an ESPN Zone (of course!) about 15 minutes from the stadium.

That way, Kornheiser would miss more of the second quarter, and most of the third.

Anonymous said...
Sep 25, 2007, 3:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment