Wednesday, October 03, 2007
First of all let me say that I know it's hard to put a whole playoffs broadcast together not knowing where you are going to be on any given day. Buuuuuut you did have a whole year to plan this thing TBS, and you aren't exactly off to a great start. Don't get me wrong.....there's promise, but Baseball fans (and I) will turn on you in an instant.
Here's a quick rundown on everything TBS Playoff related that I could find. It's October folks.....let's get excited!!!
- Of the “possible 41 postseason games to be played this month, as many as 27 will air on TBS,” with Fox televising the rest. (Atlanta Journal Consitution)
- Triple Header today......Wednesday: Rockies vs. Phillies at 3 p.m. (Orsillo/Simpson), Angels vs. Red Sox at 6:30 p.m. (Robinson/Stone) and Cubs vs. Diamondbacks at 10 p.m. (Stockton/Darling)
- TBS has copied the TNT Basketball Playoff model.
- About 15 percent of U.S. households do not subscribe to cable or satellite TV, however, and will not get the division series or NLCS, even in the participating teams' markets. (Dagger)
- Alyssa Milano will be everywhere.
- HD is a cluster f**k.
And possibly my favorite tidbit of all......
Cal Ripken Jr. is going to be in studio with a bat facing the pitches that have been thrown in the games already. According to TBS, Cal will somehow watch a monitor of pitches with comet-tails displaying the path of the ball and swing at them. What this will show us???? I have no f'ing clue.
Are you ready for a shitshow????? I know I am! Who cares.....it's Playoff Baseball!!!
TBS breaks into the postseason (AJC)
Here's the rest of the Playoff schedule as well (click for larger version).....