Sunday, October 12, 2008
Tony Romo is going to sing us into the late slate of games, and don't forget about tonight's Patriots-Chargers live blog. Here are the games:
Dallas @ Arizona - Dick Stockton, Troy Aikman
Philadelphia @ San Francisco - Sam Rosen, Tim Ryan
Green Bay @ Seattle - Chris Rose, J.C. Pearson
Jacksonville at Denver - Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf
Things we've learned from the early slate:
- The Falcons stepped up -- they were up 9 on Chicago and stuffed the Bears on an important 4th and 1 at the goal line, but everybody's favorite Neckbeard ran the two minute drill to perfection and bombed it to Rashied Davis in the back of the end-zone for a go-ahead TD. Kyle Orton won this game for the Bears, if the lead holds up -- but it doesn't. Matt Ryan heaved a prayer to Michael Jenkins at the 33, he got out of bounds with a second left -- and Jason Elam hit a 48 yard FG to win the game.
- Jake Delhomme was too good to be true earlier this season. He's got three picks and Jeff Garcia is playing out of his mind with Tampa up big.
- Despite some reliable picks from the Gunslinger, the Bengals look headed to 0-6 in the Meadowlands.
- Washington was losing to St. Louis by 6. That's right; the winless Rams were beating the Skins thanks to turnovers until rather recently. Zorn and Co. are up by 1...and they blow it. Field goal from Josh Brown gets the Rams their first win, 19-17.
- Peyton Manning and Drew Brees opened pony kegs of whoopass on the Ravens and Raiders, respectively.
- Houston is trying to scrap out its first win on the season, up by 2 with about 2 minutes to go -- but Miami has the ball -- and they've scored, but the Texans have the lead back again 29-28.
- Detroit was somehow beating Minnesota 10-9 and I bet everyone in the Metrodome had a pitchfork waiting for Brad Childress' head if that held up -- but the Vikings got another field goal and pulled out a win.