Cops Meets The Sports World

Wednesday, July 25, 2007



You may have already seen this over at Deadspin, but in case you're asking...What The Hell is Deadspin (all .0001% of you)? Then this is news to you! Via The Smoking Gun comes this amazing collection of perps wearing their favorite team's jersey.

The only reason I bring this up is because I have a great story to go along with this. On my drive home from work I pass two very prominent "beggers" on the roads. If I have change I'll give it to them, or occasionally a sandwich or sunflower seeds. Anywho, on the same day both of them had jerseys on! It blew my mind. The first was a Steelers' Tommy Maddox jersey that conjured up jokes that I won't repeat in this space. The second though blew my mind...

I stopped at the intersection and walking towards me with a sign (which I see everyday) was a man wearing an Earl Campbell Oilers' throwback. I mean seriously! How much does that thing cost. Hell...I'd buy it for $40.

Go (To Jail) Team! (The Smoking Gun)
Smile And Say Go Team (Deadspin)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 4:15 PM

8 Comments:

Never thought I'd see a worse mugshot than Nick Nolte's...

Anonymous said...
Jul 25, 2007, 5:30:00 PM  

I guess that this is defining proof that the Denver Broncos fans are the biggest degenerates. They win the tiebreaker with Phoenix Suns fans based on the guy/girl in the Nuggets jersey.

Anonymous said...
Jul 25, 2007, 5:36:00 PM  

Anon, gotta take issue with your shot at the Broncos. While I may be being a bit of homer, and since I was born in raised in Dallas, I would have to say the Eagles' fans are the biggest degenerates.

I do agree with you about the Suns' fans...bunch of teething-crapping in their diapers-peeing and throwing up on themselves pansies that they are.

Anonymous said...
Jul 25, 2007, 6:28:00 PM  

As a Bronco fan...and a degenerate, I feel inclined to pipe up.

Raiders fans are by far the biggest degenerates, they just don't have a disgruntled court clerk in Oakland leaking mugshots.

Jul 25, 2007, 6:55:00 PM  

I have a feeling that is what Jake Plummer will look like eventually.

Jul 25, 2007, 10:52:00 PM  

Speaking of degenerate fan mugshots, this is a good one:
http://www.tigermemories.com/tgrmem_plugins/autogallery/autogallery.php?show=Humor%2Fmug.jpg&start=240

Anonymous said...
Jul 26, 2007, 8:47:00 AM  

Ed McCafferty sure has fallen on some hard times!

Anonymous said...
Jul 26, 2007, 8:56:00 AM  

Steelers 1, Ravens 0. That's at least one time they'll outscore us this year.

On a related note, no Bengals?

J-Red said...
Aug 9, 2007, 10:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment