Costas Strikes Back Against Bonds

Thursday, July 26, 2007



Via ESPN Radio and Forbes comes Bob Costas' response to Barry Bonds comments that AA posted earlier today....

"As anyone can plainly see, I'm 5-6 1/2 and a strapping 150, and unlike some people, I came by all of it naturally," Costas said Thursday in a telephone interview.

"I've actually always had a pretty cordial relationship with Barry," Costas said. "I have no ill feelings toward him personally. I regard him as one of the greatest players of all time who got an inauthentic boost and then became a superhuman player. I wish him no ill whatsoever."

"He's under tremendous scrutiny and some pressure. It's no big deal," Costas said. "This is a consequence of doing your job, and I've never tried to do my job in any case with the intention of calling attention to myself. I think if people watch the program, they can judge for themselves."
This is great. Costas takes the high road in all of this, but I really hope this continues the rest of the summer. Hell....there's nothing else going on.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 8:09 PM

5 Comments:

Bob Costas is the man. Bonds makes a completely unprovoked idiotic statement, and he handles it with grace and class. Well done, and a good example to us all.

Kevin Hayward said...
Jul 26, 2007, 9:14:00 PM  

Costas may need a bodyguard because Bonds may step on him.

TJX said...
Jul 26, 2007, 10:22:00 PM  

Costas is one of the best sports journalists of all time. He's an intelligent and quite often witty guy with an in depth knowledge of all things sport.I have to agree with Kevin. He is quite simply "the man."

Unknown said...
Jul 26, 2007, 10:29:00 PM  

Costas whupped Joe Rogan on Newsradio.

GMoney said...
Jul 27, 2007, 10:14:00 AM  

Costas is a pretentious little twit. He acts as if he is some-how entitled to sit in judgment of all things baseball, when he probably never played the game. It was a disgrace what he did to Mickey Mantle when Mantle was dying, publicly embarrassing him for being an alcoholic. I don't like Bonds either. Those two deserve each other.

Anonymous said...
Jul 30, 2007, 7:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment