Barry Bonds Calls Bob Costas A Midget

Thursday, July 26, 2007



In one of the most revealing interviews ever (sarcasm folks) Barry Bonds gives about 75 one sentence answers until the interviewer comes to the topic of the latest Costas Now piece on Bonds. From The Chicago Tribune Via Baseball Think Factory....

Speaking to a small group of reporters by his locker only about an hour before his club played the Braves, Bonds discounted the words of Patrick Arnold, a chemist who went to jail for distributing steroids to athletes in the case stemming from the 2003 raid of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative (BALCO), and the man who did the interview: HBO’s Bob Costas.
...
“I’ve never met that guy, I’ve never seen him in my life,” Bonds said about Arnold. “I’ve never met him in my life. I’ve never even heard of the guy—never.”

About Costas, Bonds said: “Is that the story Bob Costas talked about? A little midget man, who doesn’t know jack about baseball, who never played the game before? You can tell Bob Costas what I called him.”
There you Bonds....don't defend yourself at all and go right to the name calling. I'm sure no one has ever made fun of Costas being short.

Diggin' for gold, comin' up with Barry (Chicago Tribune)
MLB.com: Bonds shoots back at HBO piece (Baseball Think Factory)

P.S.- Look at how Collinsworth dwarfs him in that photo above. That just cracked me up.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:23 AM

4 Comments:

I remember an SCTV skit, a take-off on the Godfather, and the NFL Today on CBS got "hit". Rick Moranis was Brent Musberger and John Candy was Greek.

They had Musberger standing on a foot high wooden box next to the Greek. Very funny stuff.

E Buzz said...
Jul 26, 2007, 12:07:00 PM  

I guarantee Madden is talking about Brett Favre or a Green Bay tailgate.

GMoney said...
Jul 26, 2007, 4:01:00 PM  

Definitely Brett Favre.

Anonymous said...
Jul 26, 2007, 7:26:00 PM  

Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

- b said...
Jul 27, 2007, 8:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment