That ESPN.com Editor Is Asleep On The Job Again

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ESPN probably spent a lot of money on .Com Editor Rob King, and I know that it's gotta be hard to check millions of headlines in a day, but this is getting a little out of hand...


As you can see the link highlighted in the first picture (click to enlarge) has Wakefield blanking the O's and he obviously shutout the Devil Rays. So what's the big deal you ask? It was on the MLB Main Page of ESPN.com for approximately 15 hours.

AA rarely uses ESPN.com for anything anymore and has nothing against Mr. King, but could you do me a favor please? Can you get your act together??? I'm sick of getting these emails every other day.

Are Typos Becoming A Huge Recurring Problem At ESPN.com? (Awful Announcing)

UPDATE: Apparently Mr. King isn't a fan of blogs. Who would have guessed someone like him wouldn't appreciate original and unbiased content?

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 3:11 PM

7 Comments:

If you don't get your headlines from ESPN, where do you go? I'm a big fan of Yahoo's sports page.

Anonymous said...
Aug 14, 2007, 4:39:00 PM  

I know this is totally unrelated (except that it's ESPN too), but did anyone else notice that the four-letter no longer shows the Giants score first on the Bottom Line anymore? And it's AL before NL again too.

I'm sure most, if not all, of you did. But I'm just sayin'

Anonymous said...
Aug 14, 2007, 5:09:00 PM  

With a bazillion pieces of content posted online, I'm surprised more errors aren't made. Not to defend ESPN entirely, but stuff happens.

Kevin Hayward said...
Aug 14, 2007, 8:47:00 PM  

Yea, like Sport Center saying the Cowboys's missed the playoffs last year, and then next day the guest (Gottlieb, I believe) saying that E. Smith had to go to Arizona to break the rushing record.

If I made mistakes like those in my job, they'd have fired me in a blink of an eye.

Anonymous said...
Aug 14, 2007, 9:33:00 PM  

Kevin Heyward is RIGHT. Stuff DOES happen at ESPN.

For example, Joe Morgan.

Anonymous said...
Aug 14, 2007, 11:34:00 PM  

"Hayward," I mean.

Sorry, I just pulled a Morgan.

Anonymous said...
Aug 14, 2007, 11:35:00 PM  

Calling out Will Leitch (re the update) is not part of ESPN's usual M.O.. Usually it denies the existence of its critics instead of drawing attention to them.

Anonymous said...
Aug 15, 2007, 9:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment