Is FOX Limiting Joe Buck's Work?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Our good friend Joseph has officially called his last Baseball game of the Regular Season. Whew, that seemed forever right? I mean he called a total of 9 games. Wait.....he only called 9 games this regular season???

Joe Buck ended his regular-season baseball schedule for Fox Sports on Aug. 4, having called eight games in 19 weeks and the All-Star Game, his lightest load since he was anointed the network’s lead major league baseball voice in 1996.
I guess so. Thanks Richard Sandomir! So I guess the real question is whether or not FOX thinks Joe Buck isn't suited for Baseball anymore or not. What do you have to say for yourself Joe?
“If you or the casual fan doesn’t want to consider me the No. 1 baseball announcer at Fox, it’s not my concern,” Buck said yesterday in a telephone interview. “I don’t know why it would matter.”
Well then. That was glib wasn't it? And why would it matter??? I dunno....you've only been shoved down our throats the last 5 years. So what's the reasoning then? Ed Goren, the president of Fox Sports explains that is the exact reason, “A year ago, people said we overexposed Joe by having him host the N.F.L. pregame show and do football and baseball. So the way I look at it is we’ve gone from overexposing him to underusing him.”

Why does it feel like the exact opposite of that then? Sandomir proclaims that FOX made Buck into a two-sport announcer and that he's used to him calling games with McCarver. He even goes as far as to say that Buck is "a witty and talented broadcaster".

Umm....Richard? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Quiet. Don't give them any more reasoning to give him more airtime. I'll let it slide that you like Joe Buck, if you in turn stop giving him press. Deal?

The Voice You Don’t Hear on Fox Belongs to Joe Buck (NY Times)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:44 PM

16 Comments:

I wish I could have Joe Buck talking to me every second of every day.

E Buzz said...
Aug 14, 2007, 2:08:00 PM  

I guess they are rewarding him by not listening to McCarver until the postseason.

TJX said...
Aug 14, 2007, 2:30:00 PM  

A day without Joe Buck is like a day without needles stuck in your head.

Drew Sarver said...
Aug 14, 2007, 3:30:00 PM  

I'm relieved. Now Buck can rest up for the playoffs and unleash a new, intensified shittiness the likes of which have never been seen.

GMoney said...
Aug 14, 2007, 3:39:00 PM  

He's like the know-it-all sitting behnd you at a baseball game who just won't ever shut up but doesn't seem to notice what is actually happening in the game.

Anonymous said...
Aug 14, 2007, 3:48:00 PM  

A day without Joe Buck is like a day without shaving your balls with a rusty screwdriver and then sitting in a big bowl of turpentine.

E Buzz said...
Aug 14, 2007, 4:00:00 PM  

Does less airtime for Buck mean more airtime for Matt "The Spirit of St. Louis" Vasfkdjoiarjian?

Stay classy.

Anonymous said...
Aug 14, 2007, 4:40:00 PM  

Hopefully this will carry over to the NFL season and I won't have to listen to this worthless fuck at all!
His voice makes me want to punch a hole through his face.

Anonymous said...
Aug 15, 2007, 12:43:00 PM  

Joe Buck is leaving, please find some way to take Tim McCarver with you.

Anonymous said...
Aug 15, 2007, 12:46:00 PM  

I think Joe is a good broadcaster. I enjoy listening to him both during the football and baseball seasons.

Anonymous said...
Aug 15, 2007, 12:52:00 PM  

Anon 12:52,
Is Joe bringing the yams to Thanksgiving dinner this year? As your son, he better bring something.
That being said, I'd much rather listen to him than that dreadful Tim McCarver.

Anonymous said...
Aug 15, 2007, 1:00:00 PM  

Choosing between Joe Buck and Tim McCarver for who you'd rather listen is like deciding if you want to die from starvation or being burned alive. I suppose one might be better than the other but neither's one I want.

Kyle said...
Aug 15, 2007, 3:11:00 PM  

The Anon who wrote the pro-Buck post was his mother.

She is also deaf.

Anonymous said...
Aug 15, 2007, 4:27:00 PM  

Joe Buck had sex with my wife!

Anonymous said...
Aug 15, 2007, 4:49:00 PM  

joe buck,
as an announcer,
he suck!

Anonymous said...
Aug 16, 2007, 12:26:00 AM  

Joe Buck is a great announcer, Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.

Anonymous said...
Aug 30, 2007, 1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment