What Is With The Gumbels And Belching?

Monday, October 08, 2007


Last year it was Bryant Gumbel letting one go on National Television......this year it's the partner of his brother Greg, Dan Dierdorf burping into the mic. Here's the audio courtesy of ProFootballTalk.com.....

Dierdorf Burp

Not only did our friend Dan have that little mishap, but he had this gem as noted by GM yesterday....

"If Webster's had a definition for competitiveness, it would be Trent Green."- Dan Dierdorf

I haven't checked lately Dan, but I'm pretty sure Webster's would define a commonly used word like that. I could be wrong though.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:45 AM

5 Comments:

I heard the quote on Webster's as well and I just couldn't write it down quick enough to get it right, in fact it went a little beyond what you have but that is the jist of it. Funny thing was I thought the exact same thing.

I did miss the burp though.

Steve M said...
Oct 8, 2007, 11:47:00 AM  

Where's the news? DD (as in a big boob) has been fouling the airwaves with his hot gas for years.

Anonymous said...
Oct 8, 2007, 11:48:00 AM  

I like how competitiveness can be used to decribe a guy who went to chop-block someone and got kneed upside the head and knocked out.

Anonymous said...
Oct 8, 2007, 12:05:00 PM  

I think it's high time they brought back the announcer-less game. I pretty much mute the tv during games anyway...

Anonymous said...
Oct 8, 2007, 12:22:00 PM  

SWEET!!! I submitted that. I couldn't believe he said that.

I think Dierdorf is in some dire need of some Gumbel 2 Gumbel: Beach Justice.

GMoney said...
Oct 8, 2007, 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment